Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Broadhead choice

Old 08-22-2014, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Default Broadhead choice

Having a tough time choosing between a 100gr Wac'em triton xl 1.25 in cutting diameter and a 100gr. slick trick mag. 1.1/8 cutting dia. Both heads fly true and have harvested deer for me in the past. While the wac'em is bigger and will produce a larger hole the slick trick is a 4 blade and will do more cutting and damage but is 1/8 inch smaller. Seems there might be a trade off, bigger hole vs more damage and smaller hole. So i guess my question is which one to choose? Any help would be great. Thanks
Old 08-23-2014, 04:30 AM
Fork Horn

Seeing a lot of folks complaining about the slick trick 4 blade planing online. Which one shoots better between the two? I use swhacker 125s. Just a 2 blade but is impressive. Also sticks in high quartering angle shots instead of deflecting.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

They both fly well for me . I do get a light whistling sound from the stick tricks. The wac'em's are quiet.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:31 AM
Fork Horn

Muzzy is best, that's just how it is.
You can get 6 for 40 most places.
And they come with a set of practice blades
Old 08-23-2014, 06:34 AM
Fork Horn

To me accuracy is all that matters instead of getting into the name game and debates on cutting area and all of that. Both are good reliable sturdy built heads. Whichever will hit the X at the furthest distance is the one I'd go with. Either one in a lung or heart is going to kill him. There's no degrees of being dead. The accuracy is why I use a 2 blade expandable. This was at 54 yards.
Good luck on it.
Attached Thumbnails Broadhead choice-heart.jpg  
Old 08-23-2014, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe it just me but I like a strong fixed blade that I can sharpen. I dont do replaceable blades. Nap Hellrazors and G5 Montecs are my choice. Those suckers could go through a brick wall with my set up.
Old 08-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Fork Horn

No deer will ever know the difference.People get way too hung up on the size of the hole.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:41 AM
Typical Buck

i think we all get bit by the advertising bug some...you see it on the hunting shows and in the magazines and you think "i got to try that!!!" I dont think there is a dimes worth of difference between most of your higher quality broadheads. If you can get them to fly where you want them and get them sharp youre good to do. I think i would lean towards the smaller 4 blade because you probably have a slightly better chance of a pass thru with the diameter.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:16 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bugflipper
Seeing a lot of folks complaining about the slick trick 4 blade planing online. Which one shoots better between the two? I use swhacker 125s. Just a 2 blade but is impressive. Also sticks in high quartering angle shots instead of deflecting.
Huh? Go on AT, slick trick has an army of loyal users, they are known for great arrow flight.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:20 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by westMDbowhunter
Muzzy is best, that's just how it is.
You can get 6 for 40 most places.
And they come with a set of practice blades
The new muzzy trocars are a step in the right direction, they ditched the aluminum ferrule and went to a steel ferrule. Better flight with the new helical blades, and better durability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.