Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage Hypodermic

Old 08-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Spike

Default Rage Hypodermic

Wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I'm currently shooting original rage 2 blade, but I'm fixing to buy some new. Any thoughts appreciated.
Old 08-03-2014, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

I just got them too. They look pretty impressive. I believe they will stand up better and give more penetration with the same shot placement as the original Rage.
Old 08-06-2014, 01:26 PM
Fork Horn

I heard a rumor that the new Rage Hypodermics that are shipping now have improved blades on them. Not sure what the exact difference is, but i guess they're supposed to be more reliable and sharper. I think you can put the new blades on your old heads if you already have some.
Old 08-07-2014, 10:51 AM
Spike

Just received mine yesterday. Plastic packaging wasn't sealed around the edges like they always are, and two of the heads were held in their slot with scotch tape. I got on Rage's site and there is a notice on their front page about counterfeit Rage's being sold on eBay and other sites (I bought mine on eBay). I called the company and asked how to tell if mine were fake. After many emails back and forth with company I found out they are in fact fakes. Everything looks completely authentic and real. Be careful where you order these. This seller on eBay is a very highly rated seller, so I'm not saying he sent fakes on purpose or maybe he bought them as fakes and didn't know it. I will be sending these back to seller and buying direct from Rage. Ten dollar savings isn't worth getting a knock off that will likely break or even not deploy right on a deer.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

The big advantage I see with these is that sharpening the original style rage "tip blade" sucked. You really had to hold your tongue right to sharpen the tip without honing the ferrule, or you had to remove the blade and hold it to sharpen independently. Also, the 1pc STEEL ferrule is an improvement over the anodized aluminum body of the originals (and other models).

I shot the 100 and 125grn for a few years, converted over to the 125 Chisel Tips (not extremes) 2 seasons ago, really like the performance, but I do worry about that aluminum body when I line up on shots that might hit the farside shoulder on the way out. I bought them so I could punch through bone, but that makes me worry. Why shoot a ~100ft.lb. KE bow and a chisel tip broadhead if you can't be confident in your ability to crush something? That steel body would give me a bit of extra confidence. I've even been considering switching to an all steel welded design for this season for that very reason.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

I notices that they improved the retaining system also. Instead of a rubber O-ring it is a thin plastic and notched collar arrangement. This seems like its more reliable in preventing premature opening. But it is definately not re-useable.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:33 PM
Spike

Worked great for me last year season with two complete pass throughs. I don't use broadheads more than once but they look to have held up great. They come with extra plastic rings, I am sure I could clean up and use them again if needed.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:24 AM
Spike

Do it. Steel ferrule instead of the original aluminum ferrule rage used, and they ditched the o-rins and went to a shock collar system, the Hypo's are bad news, I a good way.
Old 09-16-2014, 11:26 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I notices that they improved the retaining system also. Instead of a rubber O-ring it is a thin plastic and notched collar arrangement. This seems like its more reliable in preventing premature opening. But it is definately not re-useable
Well actually, it is. the new shock collars have 6 tabs, when shot, 2 tabs break away (one for each blade expanding against them). I have talked to several guys on AT that just turn the collar a little and line the blades up with 2 of the still remaining tabs, and youve got another shot.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:12 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by gamsmith
Just received mine yesterday. Plastic packaging wasn't sealed around the edges like they always are, and two of the heads were held in their slot with scotch tape. I got on Rage's site and there is a notice on their front page about counterfeit Rage's being sold on eBay and other sites (I bought mine on eBay). I called the company and asked how to tell if mine were fake. After many emails back and forth with company I found out they are in fact fakes. Everything looks completely authentic and real. Be careful where you order these. This seller on eBay is a very highly rated seller, so I'm not saying he sent fakes on purpose or maybe he bought them as fakes and didn't know it. I will be sending these back to seller and buying direct from Rage. Ten dollar savings isn't worth getting a knock off that will likely break or even not deploy right on a deer.
Would you mind providing us with who you bought these off of ebay from? Was thinking about the same but now I am second guessing myself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.