Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 CABELAS CAMO SKINZ GLOVES >

CABELAS CAMO SKINZ GLOVES

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

CABELAS CAMO SKINZ GLOVES

Old 10-07-2003, 11:57 AM

Default CABELAS CAMO SKINZ GLOVES

Has anyone bought and used these thin gloves? I' m looking for an ultra thin glove for my release hand and these seem to be the ticket. They are a Cabelas exclusive.

Thanks,
Mathewsconquest
Old 10-07-2003, 01:06 PM

Default RE: CABELAS CAMO SKINZ GLOVES

I' ve owned the seal skinz but only tried on the cabela' s camo skinz - my feelings are the seal sinz are the better glove but by a close margin probably. I lost them but when i had them they we' re indestructible and great dexterity. shot several animals with them on before i lost them. I do think the Camo skinz are nice though, just thought the other ones we' re better. the only complaint i have is that tight gloves don' t keep hands warm but the seal skinz did pretty decent down to near freezing temp' s and in the water and wind. You' ll probably like either as i thought they we' re very close.
Old 10-09-2003, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

I' ve used the camo skinz gloves for two years now and love them. You can feel your release just as if you were shooting bare hands. The only thing is that they do not keep your hands warm in real cold weather....but to solve that, I just use a hand muffler in the cold weather and that keeps my hands warm. I' d also recomend the head cover that they make, I use the the 3/4 mask (just more comfortable with a hat) and that works great too....Nothing to ubstruct the shot the plus of being camo' d......

Good hunting,
VH
Old 10-09-2003, 10:04 AM

i just bought some, havent even used them yet. nice and thin, probably not too warm but i bought a hand muff also. i just dont like how the gloves that are thin like this w/ the goretex insert " feel" like you have 2 pairs of gloves on. when you pull your hands out of the muff the gloves stay on but the outer layer pulls off just a little. im probably being picky but its just a minor annoyance. wish they could sew in the inner liner so the gloves felt like 1 piece instead of 2 seperate gloves.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had a pair of seal skinz also. I loved then. Only problem I had with them was at the time I got them, they only made the gloves up to large which were a bit too small for my hand.
Old 10-09-2003, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Best gloves i' ve found for bowhunting are made by Natgear. I' ve been using the same pair now for 3yrs and they are showing some wear no doubt but should still be good for another season. They won' t keep your hands warm in freezing weather but will break the chill on not so cold days. I' m going to put in a request to the wife and kids for another pair for Christmas to go along with all the other request

http://www.naturalgear.com/ShowProduct.asp?ID=58
Old 10-12-2003, 08:36 PM

i brought some camo skinz out to colorado and they worked dandy, when it was dry that is. my hands literally froze hard once they were wet. if you are gonna be in snow and rain i wouldnt use them. thats just my opinion.
joe
Old 10-15-2003, 06:05 AM

I picked some up this year. I find them very slippery when holding my bow, seems I have to squeeze very tight for it not to move around while shooting. Also the other night after seeing a two deer come out into a field about 100 yards from where I was I used my hand against the tree to stand up, when I took my hand from the tree they made noise from sticking to the bark. The deer looked right up. Didn' t scare them away but they sure heard it. I prefer the fingerless fleece gloves I got a Walmart.