HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   who makes the best " cheap" bows? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/39164-who-makes-best-cheap-bows.html)

t-roy 10-05-2003 08:53 PM

who makes the best " cheap" bows?

gonna get a new bow, but don' t want to spend $600. just looking for some brands/models to look into. want something to shoot carbons with.

MDManiac 10-05-2003 09:41 PM

RE: who makes the best " cheap" bows?

i bought a 2002 Pearson' s 440 Quad Kit for under $500 with arrows and trigger...along with everything else..

Just go to your local pro shop and look around, as long as you have everything (Sight, rest, etc..) you wont have to spend $600 on a bow...good luck

SnoBall57 10-06-2003 04:25 PM

Two words: Golden Eagle!:D

Josh_E 10-06-2003 06:09 PM

You are gonna get out of it what you put into it.. thats MHO.. but some guys will disagree.. it doesnt matter how much it costs as long as it fits you.. it doesnt have to be super fast.. just accurate and quiet..everyone has their favorites.. shoot what fits your budget and YOU

justhrowit 10-07-2003 07:08 AM

I was just at Gander Mountain this pst weekend anfd they have the Hoyt Havotec there for $299.99.

J

slbowman 10-07-2003 04:44 PM

Reflex, a division of Hoyt , sell some bow for $500 and less that seem very nice. But I agree with the others, go to your local Pro shop and try a few and shot what fitts you and your buget.Good Luck!!!

There' s a thin line between bravery and stupidity

stuckinthereeds 10-07-2003 10:35 PM

Sometimes some Pro Shops will make it seem like you have to have the top of the line to take a deer just to take in that extra doller. They' re wrong. Give them a price limit and try to work them so you' ll will get the best for YOUR money. But like the previous posts, go for the one that feels best to you.

eng40sqd 10-08-2003 12:21 PM

I agree with Josh_E in the fact that you should find one that fits you and you like. Go to your local pro shop and shoot a few different ones and see which one you like. Reflex makes a good bow but I know my pro shop has some of the new Hoyt came and a half bows at a very reasonable price. I had a Golden Eagle well I actually still do have two of them but have had them for years and never a minutes problem and their customer service is great as well....

Kanga 10-08-2003 12:40 PM

Bowtech make some really good bows in the lower to mid range.
Check out the Blackhawk or the TomKat package that includes a quiver, sights,peep,arrow rest and a wrist sling.

Both have good brace heights with 8" for the Blackhawk and 9 1/8" for the TomKat.

jiggs jr. 10-08-2003 09:48 PM

I agree with all the advice. and everyone has good bow ideas check out Renegade (the poormens Matthews) lol.