Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 who makes the best " cheap"  bows? >

who makes the best " cheap" bows?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

who makes the best " cheap" bows?

Old 10-05-2003, 08:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default who makes the best " cheap" bows?

gonna get a new bow, but don' t want to spend $600. just looking for some brands/models to look into. want something to shoot carbons with.
Old 10-05-2003, 09:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: who makes the best " cheap" bows?

i bought a 2002 Pearson' s 440 Quad Kit for under $500 with arrows and trigger...along with everything else..

Just go to your local pro shop and look around, as long as you have everything (Sight, rest, etc..) you wont have to spend $600 on a bow...good luck
Old 10-06-2003, 04:25 PM

Two words: Golden Eagle!
Old 10-06-2003, 06:09 PM

You are gonna get out of it what you put into it.. thats MHO.. but some guys will disagree.. it doesnt matter how much it costs as long as it fits you.. it doesnt have to be super fast.. just accurate and quiet..everyone has their favorites.. shoot what fits your budget and YOU
Old 10-07-2003, 07:08 AM
Typical Buck

I was just at Gander Mountain this pst weekend anfd they have the Hoyt Havotec there for $299.99.

J
Old 10-07-2003, 04:44 PM

Reflex, a division of Hoyt , sell some bow for $500 and less that seem very nice. But I agree with the others, go to your local Pro shop and try a few and shot what fitts you and your buget.Good Luck!!!

There' s a thin line between bravery and stupidity
Old 10-07-2003, 10:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sometimes some Pro Shops will make it seem like you have to have the top of the line to take a deer just to take in that extra doller. They' re wrong. Give them a price limit and try to work them so you' ll will get the best for YOUR money. But like the previous posts, go for the one that feels best to you.
Old 10-08-2003, 12:21 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Josh_E in the fact that you should find one that fits you and you like. Go to your local pro shop and shoot a few different ones and see which one you like. Reflex makes a good bow but I know my pro shop has some of the new Hoyt came and a half bows at a very reasonable price. I had a Golden Eagle well I actually still do have two of them but have had them for years and never a minutes problem and their customer service is great as well....
Old 10-08-2003, 12:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bowtech make some really good bows in the lower to mid range.
Check out the Blackhawk or the TomKat package that includes a quiver, sights,peep,arrow rest and a wrist sling.

Both have good brace heights with 8" for the Blackhawk and 9 1/8" for the TomKat.
Old 10-08-2003, 09:48 PM

I agree with all the advice. and everyone has good bow ideas check out Renegade (the poormens Matthews) lol.

Quick Reply: who makes the best " cheap" bows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.