HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   G5 Montec VS Steelforce Broadheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/39003-g5-montec-vs-steelforce-broadheads.html)

eightwgt 10-03-2003 01:37 PM

G5 Montec VS Steelforce Broadheads

I am torn guys.......

I have shot both heads, steelforce and the new G5....... I like the fact that the g5s shoot great, and I can sharpen them - BUT.... not RAZOR sharp... on the other hand the steel force also fly true and are RAZOR sharp... but when you practice with them..... then you have to sharpen them up and i have not yet tried sharpening a steelforce...... anyway - I like the blades of the force.....I like the design of the G5

What would you guys choose ( Im just curious to see the results)
:D ;)

JD IN ALBERTA 10-03-2003 03:53 PM

RE: G5 Montec VS Steelforce Broadheads

I' m a steelforce fan....tried and true. As soon as I shot my first hog and got 2 passthroughs at 30 yds, I was sold and haven' t looked at anything else. JDinAB

eightwgt 10-03-2003 05:21 PM

JD

Pas through on a hog - twice... thats good..... What are you shooting poundage wise and what bow - just curious....

fxbonerhead 10-03-2003 07:39 PM

hi eightwgt.i use steelforce 100 sabertooth lockdowns.they work great.so far this year 2 hogs one was 250lbs @ 26 yds broadside.just behind the fightin plate complete passthru.sat i shot a doe(130lbs) at 31 yds broadside same results.my setup is a matthews fx 26.5in@65lbs,carbon express 200@27in.,285fps.i believe broadheads are important but shot placement more important.pick 2 ribs and shoot between em.good luck,billy

JD IN ALBERTA 10-06-2003 10:06 AM

I' m using a Hoyt magnatec (couple years old) at 65 pounds. I' m getting about 280 fps. JDinAB

Dalejbrass 10-07-2003 01:26 PM

G5' s all the way. I' ve shot both and gave my Steelforces to my neighbor. I couldn' t beat the performance of the G5' s. I sharpen mine with CrockSticks and am able to get them razor sharp. I' ve heard a lot of guys talking about their difficulty in getting them sharp. I just don' t see the problem.

Deleted User 10-10-2003 12:05 PM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Antler Eater 10-11-2003 02:25 AM

I would say a lot depends on your set up. I have taken game with both and I wouldn' t be afraid to recommend either head. I would give Steel Force the edge in sharpness, but I would give Montec the edge in toughness and durability.

Droptines 10-11-2003 07:37 PM

The G5' s have those great practice heads.Alittle pricey,but well worth it,,I would think ;)