Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

G5 Montec or Muzzy?

Old 10-01-2003, 09:14 AM

Default G5 Montec or Muzzy?

G5 Montec or Muzzy?

Any Opinions?
Old 10-01-2003, 11:33 AM

Default RE: G5 Montec or Muzzy?

It' s like buying a Ford F-250 Diesel or a HD Chevy with a Diesel. It' s whichever one you choose due to your own liking! Their both great!
I' ve hunted with Muzzies for the last ten years and never had a problem. Last year I bought my first pack of G5' s and now that' s all I use. I just like the One-piece construction. The G5' s are built EEEEXTREMELY well! They fly awesome and they are cut-on impact! I have personally harvested 5 animals with them to date and all, with the exception of one, were complete pass throughs that terminated the animal within 50 yards. The only one it didn' t blow thru was on 200 lbs, field dressed, 150" , 4 1/2 year old buck I shot last year, quartering away. The arrow went in his left shoulder, blew thru his vitals and broke thru his right shoulder. Once skinned, we found that the broadhead had FULLY penetrated the right shoulder blade and almost went completely thru the buck. I pulled the broadhead and remaining 8 inches of arrow out of the shoulder, cleaned it off, resharpened it and put it back in my quiver. I checked it last night with my spinner and shot it approx. 8 times into my block target and it is deadly accurate.
Old 10-01-2003, 12:15 PM

Montec is the way to go. SOLID Contruction, Great Accuracy.

Completely blown through both deer I have arrowed this year.
Old 10-02-2003, 07:34 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-02-2003, 01:17 PM

wasp are the way to go i shoot 75 grain sst they shoot as straight as can be and are very durable
the year before last i shot muzzys and they just werent doing to job they dropped horribly
Old 10-02-2003, 02:30 PM
JRW
Nontypical Buck

Between the two, I' d take the G5' s.
Old 10-02-2003, 02:31 PM

I like my Muzzy 100 gr, 3 blade. No problems with them hittig with my field points.
Old 10-03-2003, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Muzzy 100gr 4-blade. I love them ! They fly just like my field points with no additional bow tuning. I also like the Crimson Talon heads. They fly equally as well though they' ll be on the shelf until they are legalized in PA.
Old 10-03-2003, 08:21 PM

I think they are both great heads. untill this year 3 blade muzzy 100' s rode in my quiver and did every thing I asked them too. This year the torch has been passed to the monotecs. I think the will do fantastic also. I choose to try the g5' s because of the resharpenability( is that a word?) I think that it will be nice not to have to buy replacement blades. Good luck in what every you choose!
Old 10-04-2003, 10:09 AM

My dealer sells both and I have shot both .Like the G5s alot, solid and like the design.

Quick Reply: G5 Montec or Muzzy?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.