Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Sidewinder S4 retractable tether >

Sidewinder S4 retractable tether

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Sidewinder S4 retractable tether

Old 10-25-2013, 05:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Sidewinder S4 retractable tether

I purchased one of these items for my rangefinder. I used it for about 3 weeks and took it back to the store. Take my advice and don't buy one of these. First off, if this item was used too quickly it would make a ratcheting sound. (used slowly it was quiet enough). Next, I followed the installation instructions to a "T" by cleaning the area with the supplied alcohol wipe, applying the shrink wrap bands and attaching the safety lanyard.
Using it in the tree stand attached to my belt it was a bit uncomfortable especially with my safety harness but nothing I couldn't live with.
But what really forced me to take it back was I was still hunting some rough country. Steep, rocky, climbing over logs, rocks etc. After about 2 miles or so I happen to reach down to find my rangefinder hanging on my belt. The adhesive broke loose and the piece came out of the 2 shrink wrap bands. The only thing that saved me from loosing an expensive rangefinder was the safety lanyard.
Old 10-27-2013, 07:22 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the review/warning. These things have been paired with a bino harness on Camofire a lot lately, and been thinking about it.