Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Best Arrow Rest For Cold Weather? >

Best Arrow Rest For Cold Weather?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Arrow Rest For Cold Weather?

Old 01-31-2014, 03:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thinking of switching to a WB myself on my next bow. Only issue I've read about is that you must use "Blazer" vanes instead of "Quickspin". An article in F&S, where they were comparing various rests, stated that "Quickspin vanes" will quickly "mangle" the bristles of a whisker biscuit rest in short time. They suggest sticking with standard Blazer vanes instead. I shoot a drop away rest now and it makes a metal to metal clanking sound at release. Going with a simpler and quieter rest this time around.
Old 02-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MZS
I am currently using a QAD Hunter dropdown rest. After some frustration getting going for the season I was on the verge of getting a Trophy Ridge Whisker Biscuit and then I start shooting baseballs, 5 out of 5. But I am wondering if the Trophy Ridge Biscuit would be more reliable for cold weather hunts? Right now, my frustration with the QAD is that the vanes are still contacting the stick-on silencer material enough to work the material loose. And when this material comes loose, my arrows are all over the place, almost as bad as with my previous simple rest that had silencer. Yesterday I put on new silencers, hence the improvement. Without the silencer, it sounds like I am playing a violin when I pull back. I am thinking the whisker biscuit would be more consistent, particularly in cold weather (30F or less) when my bow seems to "go crazy". If I get the Trophy Ridge rest, should I get the medium or large size? I am shooting carbon arrows.
I was thinking about taking off my WB and replacing it with a drop away.

then I watched this!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VbefCoY71Os

I no longer worry about my WB!
Old 03-02-2014, 06:55 AM
Spike

If the weather conditions are bad enough to ice up your arrow rest, then your arrows will also be iced up making it impossible to shoot accurately. I know this from experience.