HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   New gear wanting input before I buy (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/381591-new-gear-wanting-input-before-i-buy.html)

goodOLboyz 05-16-2013 04:07 AM

New gear wanting input before I buy

Bowtech Insanity CPXL, Octane Deadlock Pro Quiver, for my rest I like the idea of the Trophy Ridge Revolution but from what i have read it is tougher to set up than most, and my sight the HHA DS.. Please give me some input on any of those or if you have other gear you like more!

bronko22000 05-16-2013 01:20 PM

boyz...the only thing I, or anyone else can tell you about your choice of bow is to get one that feels good to you and that you feel confident with. As for quivers, rests, sights, etc., that is a matter of personal choice also. My bows are all set up the same. They have a 3 arrow Quikie-quiver, a NAP Apache drop away rest and TruGlo Extreme 5 pin sight. I always remove my quiver from the bow when I get into my stand. The only time I change from this set up is when I hunt out west and I switch to a 6 arrow hip quiver and leave the bow mounted quiver at home.
Accessories are so numerous but you need to buy quality items. Rests manfs include Ripcord, Trophy Taker, QAD, NAP just to name a few.

goodOLboyz 05-17-2013 03:49 PM

Yeah I understand that, but I guess what I am really asking for is if anyone has any pros/cons on the gear. I really like the Trophy Ridge Revolution but I read some comments on other threads saying that it messed up fletchings on numerous occasions after being installed by shops. I am hoping someone may have some input on that..

bronko22000 05-18-2013 06:46 AM

WEll I like the NAP Apache rest. It is easy to set up, tooless adjustment, quiet, and built like a tank. A very similar rest is the Trophy Ridge Trophy Taker.
I also like the TruGlo Extreme sights. They too are solid sights and the long fiber optics gather enough light that you acn actually see the pins even after legal shooting light. And pins are small enough in diameter that you don't block out your target like some of the larger pins.
And the reason I use the 3 arrow Quikee Quiver is that you can buy extra bases which I have done and installed on my tree stand or on the tree itself when I take it off the bow. And I can't remember in over 45 years of hunting with the bow that I ever shot more than 2 arrows.

goodOLboyz 05-18-2013 08:47 AM

Thank you very much Bronko I have a relative that hunts for Archers Chooice and he also told me Apache is the rest for him! I might have to give it a little test myself.

dkecoleman 05-23-2013 07:48 PM

I don't personally shoot the revolution, but all the guys that I have talked to about it seem to really like it. I know four or five guys with it and nothing bad so far.

goodOLboyz 05-26-2013 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by dkecoleman (Post 4058836)
I don't personally shoot the revolution, but all the guys that I have talked to about it seem to really like it. I know four or five guys with it and nothing bad so far.

Awesome thanks Coleman! You dont happen to know if they took it to a shop or did it theirselves do you?