HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Grim Reaper broadheads (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/380220-grim-reaper-broadheads.html)

croc2116 03-25-2013 04:05 AM

Grim Reaper broadheads

I am going to try out some new broadheads this year because the rage broadheads seemed to get dull quickly last season. Does anyone use grim reaper broadheads? If so what do you think of them?

Thanks
Jed

whitetailcrazy 03-25-2013 04:31 PM

Awesome broadhead! I used the 2" Whitetail Specials 100 grain and blew threw a doe doe last year and stuck 7" into the ground with no damage to the head. Doe was recovered 47 yards away w/ gaping holes. So far I love them, have only taken 1 animal with them, I guess time will tell. So far so good. IKESOUTDOORS gives a good review on them also.

deputybc 08-03-2013 04:33 PM

This is bad to admit but I missed a doe at 30 yds this past season. The arrow stuck in a tree and buried 3 inches inside. After cutting it out the blades were not damaged and still razor sharp. Best Head in my opinion.

croc2116 08-04-2013 07:39 AM

Thank you for response deputybc, I had a similar situation, a little closer then yours at a steep angle last season and it messed up my rage. I learned from it and am practicing to correct it. Also thanks for your response whitetail crazy.

Murdy 08-04-2013 09:24 AM

Croc, I was wondering -- when you say the Rage's started to get dull -- were you shooting multiple animals with them, and how many before you noticed they were getting dull?

LI archer 08-24-2013 04:32 AM

1 Attachment(s)
with my new set up last year i bought the WS 100 grain Grim Reaper heads. shot a nice mature doe at 30yrds and the arrow blew thru her on a quater away shot. she only went 40yrds and droped. the hole in her was massive! I also took a mngt buck out of the ground blind(never hunted out of one before) thought i had arrow clearance had to shot fast as buck was moving off and too close to grunt to. i just knicked one blade on the folded down shoot thru netting (did not realize it till later) the arrow struck him right infront of the shoulder at base of neck (he had turn towards me) that broard head droped him in the spine and went down hard and fast. when i took the arrow out the blades were not bent or anything the replaceable tip of course was alil damaged but i was surprised how well it held up!! gonna use them again this season! good luck with them!

huntingkidPA 08-24-2013 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by Murdy (Post 4070881)
Croc, I was wondering -- when you say the Rage's started to get dull -- were you shooting multiple animals with them, and how many before you noticed they were getting dull?

i used them on two animals and both heads were trashed after one animal. i think they make replacement blades though.