Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage Broadheads

Old 03-10-2013, 03:02 PM
Spike

Default Rage Broadheads

Hi all,
I use rage 2 blade 125gn broadheads for my hunting but I was just wondering what people know of the new hypodermic and chisel tip extremes as they arent out yet in Australia.
I'm relatively new to bow hunting and have only shot one deer with my bow so far but the rage did a number on him and opened him up like a gunshot. I'm just thinking if this is good how better can it get?

cheers,

SB
Old 03-10-2013, 03:57 PM
Spike

It can get a lot better. Ditch those mechanicals. You'll love them until the animal of your career steps out at 25 meters and your broadhead fails to open properly.
Go with something like the G5s or Muzzys
Old 03-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by outdooraddict
It can get a lot better. Ditch those mechanicals. You'll love them until the animal of your career steps out at 25 meters and your broadhead fails to open properly.
Go with something like the G5s or Muzzys
I only have one other mate that bow hunts and he uses slick tricks and swears by them, I saw those Muzzys and seriously considered them but I've done a lot of my learning with a bow through watching tim wells so when I saw him with rage I just bought them without questioning it haha
Old 03-10-2013, 04:27 PM
Spike

Some guys swear by their mechanical broadheads. However, I have never heard of a fixed broadhead failing. Ever.
Can't say that for mechs. but to each their own.
Also, I commented on your other post about DW too.
Old 03-10-2013, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Ive used rage and grim reaper for the past 6 yrs! never used a fixed blade! As long as the blades are properly locked before firing there designed to cut on contact!! like outdooraddict says too each is own and personal prefernce!
Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 AM
Spike

I would get rid of the mechanical broad heads. I used rage 2 blade until I lost a deer. I love the G5's and just started using Ram Cats which I don't think I'll use another broad head.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

I have use 125Gr. Spitfires with out a problem.

big rockpile
Old 06-07-2013, 02:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'd stick with the ones your using now. I still use the 100 gr. 2-blades and they work fine. The biggest advantage is the accuracy factor with mechanicals. Over the years they have perfected the "issues" about some not opening properly. That's where the Rage brand shines!!! Never had a fixed bladed head fly worth a darn. Remember, a bad hit is a bad hit, no matter what head your using!!! So don't blame the equipment on a bad shot!!
Old 06-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Spike

Default grim reaper

Not a fan of rage,seen way to many people lose animals when they open before they hit the animal. I have used grim reaper and both my sons use them and I can say they do there job. My youngest shot a 5x5 bull elk at 20 yards and it didn't make it20 yards before it drop. the middle son shot a 6x6 at 15 yards and it dropped it at 30 yards.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Fork Horn

I love mechanical broadheads. You cant beat the hole you get with them. Ive used rage 2 and g5 t3s now im back to rage hypodermics this year. I have also used 3 bladed muzzys. I shot deer with all of them they all do the job. Ive never once had one of the mechanicals fail. If you put a good shot on a deer and hit it where you should any broadhead will do the trick.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.