HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   quivers (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/379307-quivers.html)

darinmasse 02-23-2013 03:27 PM

quivers

just bought a new bow at a real decent price its a bear encounter cam with everything but a quiver wonder what was a good and resonble priced one

bronko22000 02-23-2013 04:50 PM

Because I hunt a lot from a treestand I use a 3 arrow quickie quiver. When I get situated in the stand, I take it off the bow. On western bow hunt I use a belt quiver.

rogerstv 02-27-2013 10:02 AM

I like my Octane. I remove my quiver as well once in the stand.

darinmasse 02-27-2013 07:43 PM

thanks i realy appreciate the help just geting back int to bow hunting after about 5 or 6 years

HDMontana 02-28-2013 07:48 AM

I have used the alpine quiver and really liked it. It has a bow mount that uses rubber on the portion that the quiver attaches to. Always thought this helped with vibration and noise reduction. Last year I decided to spend the extra on a Tight Spot quiver. They are pricey and would not have even considered buying one except for all the good feedback I have heard about them. All I can say is that I personally feel that it is the best bow mounted quiver I have used in the 20+ years I have been in archery. Like I said, it is not cheap but I personally don't think you will find anything better out there in the market place. Just IMO. HD.

darinmasse 02-28-2013 02:17 PM

if its good thats what matters im not made of money or anything but if its worth spending it on i will ill deff look in to both those quivers

rogerstv 03-01-2013 05:27 AM

Had an Alpine as well. Still do. Easy on and off. To me a quiver is a quiver is a quiver (for the most part) because I hunt almost exclusively from a tree stand. My quiver needs to get the arrows from the truck/house to the tree. Once in the tree, it hangs there. I do not sight my bow in with a quiver or hunt with one on my bow.

Octane is easy on and off too. It has magnets in the top that help guide each field point or broadhead into place. Kind of nice.

If I had to pick one over the other, not sure I can. I'd probably lean towards the Octane just because I remember the Alpine being just slightly difficult to place on the bow in the dark as I couldn't remember which side to start first.

I also have a quiver that locks the arrows in at the top and bottom (nock). It was nice because I was carrying both aluminum and carbon arrows at the time.

Whichever one you get make sure it will hold the type of arrows you intend to use.

bighorns35 03-01-2013 05:44 AM

check out trophy ridge torsion quiver

HDMontana 03-01-2013 08:42 AM

The tight spot also has the top and bottom arrow containment as well as the hood. If you don't want to use the top one, you just detach the hood via a couple of allen screws, slide off the top arrow attachment and reattach the hood. The quiver itself is also easy on, easy off with a cam-lock attachment system. HD.

darinmasse 03-01-2013 02:58 PM

so far im realy liking the tight spot 3 and the alpine 3