Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Rage Broadhead tested at 400 Feet Per Second >

Rage Broadhead tested at 400 Feet Per Second

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage Broadhead tested at 400 Feet Per Second

Old 02-08-2013, 07:28 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by aarontriton
i was watching a new 2013 episode of bone collector. and michael waddels dad was shooting at a buck with i believe rage head and they showed the arrow hitting the buck and deflecting off a rib . the funny thing is they said he missed the deer. what a joke
LOL thats funny, i saw that episode yesterday on the outdoor channel. I think he really did miss the deer though, literally skinned him! but idk, looked liked the deer jumped a little bit before the arrow got there, hard to say with how hard the deer was quartering away. I personally would have just waited for a better shot.

Originally Posted by aarontriton
well i looked on the bone collector sight and i could not find there sponsor list for broadheads but they sell the g5 t3 so maybe thats what he used. you all should watch the video i believe it was the indiana one.
I can almost say I am positive they use the G5 T3's, T-Bone is always pushing the T3's as the Bone Collector broadhead. I have heard really great things about them so far, enough to possibly make a switch next season and see for myself.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

I agree , i saw it again. it does look like he just clipped it. And with such a hard quartering . It would have been a much different outcome had he waited a little. I know that some times its hard to wait for that perfect shot.
Old 02-14-2013, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by handles II
All broadheads have the potential to fail if they don't hit the right spot. Mechanical broadheads have an increased potential to fail because they MUST open correctly in order to work correctly.
Rage are mechanical. Thus an increased risk of failure. Period. There can be no further discussion because it would be futile. They may not open in flight, or they may. They also might not open on impact, or they might.
That said, when they do work, and hit the right spot, they work as good as anything else out there.
I 100% agree with this. You double lung a deer with any sharp broadhead its going to pile up within a 100 yards. I've heard people say they've shot 15 or so deer and never have one fail. I'd rather shoot a real good fixed blade broadhead and hot have to worry about if it fails or not.

I've heard a lot of great stories about how the Rage performs but I've also heard a lot of horror stories on how they didn't perform from guys who shoot top of the line equipment. To each its own though.....
Old 02-21-2013, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Exactly my point. With every mechanical, there are two worries 1. it opens in flight 2. It doesn't open correctly on contact.
They work well when they work, but don't work well when they don't. IMO a fixed blade you eliminate two worries and only need to focus on the shot. And shot placement, fixed or mechanical, is the name of the game.