Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Rage Broadhead tested at 400 Feet Per Second >

Rage Broadhead tested at 400 Feet Per Second

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:53 PM
Spike

Default Rage Broadhead tested at 400 Feet Per Second

RAGE 3 BLADE BROADHEAD REVIEW " DOES NOT OPEN IN FLIGHT " 400 FPS High Speed Arrow Test Crossbow - YouTube
this video was made to show that Rage broadeads are safe to use at speeds up to 400 FPS, and i personally have taken 26 whitetail deer with any broadhead flight problems, one 9 pt buck was taken at 53 yards in January
i hope you find this information helpful
Old 01-26-2013, 06:16 AM
Spike

My son uses these broadheads and they are wicked.
Old 01-26-2013, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

These broad heads are awesome. I've been using them for the past 4 or 5 years and have lost only 1 deer and that was because of poor shot placement. But 6 deer never saw winter again. Looking into buying a crossbow, because our state is thinking of legalizing them and we also hunt in Ohio. Thanks for the info. Hunt hard or stay home!
Old 01-29-2013, 10:03 AM
Fork Horn

These broadheads are great! But I am hearing more and more about possible fails with them and I am becoming skepticle. i use the 2 blades, so far so good with deer until this past october in VT.
I darted my first black bear at 9 yards after he climbed up my ladder stand and looked me right in my eyes! It was a complete pass through but not much blood on my arrow, but lots of hair in the broadhead. I waited in stand for an hour and a half before getting down and checking my arrow and for blood. Then began to track the bear. Blood trail was amazing!!!! After about 150 yards and no bear I decided to back out for the night and search again the next day. A old timer and one hell of a hunter once told me when in doubt back out and its always something that sticks in my head.
Long story short I never recovered the bear and followed a awesome bloodtrail for about 2 and half miles (guesstimate). I feel it could have been cause of poor shot placement but still feel extremely confident where I put my arrow. Given the angle he was at at 9 yards I put it a little low about 3 inches (using my 20 pin at 10 yards i shoot 3 inches high) and he was quartering away from be so put it about 2 inches back from where I would normally put it. Intending for it to exit the opposite shoulder after tearing through the boiler room. I started to think that possibly the broadhead deployed open upon flight but I really dont know. I do not use the shock collars they come with just the black o-rings.
Are you using the shock collars in this test? At the time I was using an older slower bow I have had for a few years 63lbs @ 27", but since then I have bought a Mathews Heli-m. I also heard with the faster bows out today a havier arrow is better to use with these broadheads, true?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:19 PM
Fork Horn

All broadheads have the potential to fail if they don't hit the right spot. Mechanical broadheads have an increased potential to fail because they MUST open correctly in order to work correctly.
Rage are mechanical. Thus an increased risk of failure. Period. There can be no further discussion because it would be futile. They may not open in flight, or they may. They also might not open on impact, or they might.
That said, when they do work, and hit the right spot, they work as good as anything else out there.

Last edited by handles II; 01-30-2013 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:04 PM
Spike

I use to shoot rage and loved their performance, but I didn't like how the blades always broke or bent and how pricey they are..I use thunderhead fixed blades now..still great broadheads

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android
Old 02-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by TheHardWoods913
These broadheads are great! But I am hearing more and more about possible fails with them and I am becoming skepticle. i use the 2 blades, so far so good with deer until this past october in VT.
I darted my first black bear at 9 yards after he climbed up my ladder stand and looked me right in my eyes! It was a complete pass through but not much blood on my arrow, but lots of hair in the broadhead. I waited in stand for an hour and a half before getting down and checking my arrow and for blood. Then began to track the bear. Blood trail was amazing!!!! After about 150 yards and no bear I decided to back out for the night and search again the next day. A old timer and one hell of a hunter once told me when in doubt back out and its always something that sticks in my head.
Long story short I never recovered the bear and followed a awesome bloodtrail for about 2 and half miles (guesstimate). I feel it could have been cause of poor shot placement but still feel extremely confident where I put my arrow. Given the angle he was at at 9 yards I put it a little low about 3 inches (using my 20 pin at 10 yards i shoot 3 inches high) and he was quartering away from be so put it about 2 inches back from where I would normally put it. Intending for it to exit the opposite shoulder after tearing through the boiler room. I started to think that possibly the broadhead deployed open upon flight but I really dont know. I do not use the shock collars they come with just the black o-rings.
Are you using the shock collars in this test? At the time I was using an older slower bow I have had for a few years 63lbs @ 27", but since then I have bought a Mathews Heli-m. I also heard with the faster bows out today a havier arrow is better to use with these broadheads, true?
Hello they did not offer the shock collars when i made this test
i have used them before but dont perfer them
i think your arrow may have hit where you wanted but at the very instance of impact, the bear could have moved and caused the arrow to take a different angle through the bear
2.5 miles is way to far for a animal to travel if it was a double lung shot, a single lung hit animal can live for hours and travel very far if pushed, after 30 deer with Rages i now use NAP SPITFIRE EDGE 1.75" CUT , the blood trails are better and they shoot just as accurate Good luck
Old 02-08-2013, 06:02 AM
Fork Horn

i was watching a new 2013 episode of bone collector. and michael waddels dad was shooting at a buck with i believe rage head and they showed the arrow hitting the buck and deflecting off a rib . the funny thing is they said he missed the deer. what a joke
Old 02-08-2013, 06:11 AM
Fork Horn

well i looked on the bone collector sight and i could not find there sponsor list for broadheads but they sell the g5 t3 so maybe thats what he used. you all should watch the video i believe it was the indiana one.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by STRYKERMAX4
Hello they did not offer the shock collars when i made this test
i have used them before but dont perfer them
i think your arrow may have hit where you wanted but at the very instance of impact, the bear could have moved and caused the arrow to take a different angle through the bear
2.5 miles is way to far for a animal to travel if it was a double lung shot, a single lung hit animal can live for hours and travel very far if pushed, after 30 deer with Rages i now use NAP SPITFIRE EDGE 1.75" CUT , the blood trails are better and they shoot just as accurate Good luck
The more and more I think about it the more I think you are absolutely right. I couldnt see my arrow after darting the bear it was behind the tree he stepped out from, supporting the fact that he weilded and took off changing the direction or angle the arrow passed through. I can't tell ya how many different senarios and reasons I have come up with all the time I think about this. Still makes me sick, hate not recovering an animal! Thanks a lot for your input and advice its much appreciated!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.