Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
How much does it cost to adjust the draw weight on a Diamond bowtech? >

How much does it cost to adjust the draw weight on a Diamond bowtech?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

How much does it cost to adjust the draw weight on a Diamond bowtech?

Old 12-27-2012, 03:52 PM
Spike

Default How much does it cost to adjust the draw weight on a Diamond bowtech?

Hello All,

I'm Relatively new to the bow hunting scene.
I would like to know about how much it would cost to adjust the draw weight from 60lbs to 30 or 40.
All my equipment will be purchased at Bass pro.
Thanks!

Any recommendations welcome!
Old 12-27-2012, 07:05 PM
Spike

If your buying it there they should set it up for you. Draw weight and length. A lot of bows are only adjustable for 10 lbs. IE a 60 lb bow could be dropped to 50. Not sure with the bowtech though. If they wont set it up a pro shop will do it for you. Prob between 30-40 bucks.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

my shop does all labor for 14 bucks. it varies based on where you go.
Old 12-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Spike

there are very few bows that can be adjusted over 10 -15 pounds and as for cost usually under $20
Old 12-29-2012, 05:02 AM
Banned

If your buying the bow new it should be set up as you want it at purchase.
Most bows have a 10# range
Say 50-60# bow or 60-70# bow ,
There are some bows with a wider range.
Once you have the bow, and know # its set at you can adjust it yourself, and just have a shop check the poundage on occassion.
My shop/range doesn't charge to check the poundage but they will charge $5-$10 to change the poundage.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Charge to adjust poundage? I think that is over kill. I know they will check it on a scale but the shop I work at part time would never consider charging for that. Maybe that is why we have so many repeat customers.
Old 12-30-2012, 08:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by HDMontana
Charge to adjust poundage? I think that is over kill. I know they will check it on a scale but the shop I work at part time would never consider charging for that. Maybe that is why we have so many repeat customers.
Ditto that. If just changing draw weight the whole process would take about 2 minutes. Some things can be chocked up to "customer relations".
Old 12-31-2012, 06:38 AM
Spike

Default Thanks Everyone

Thanks for all your input!
I went to bass pro and had the draw weight and length adjusted to my size for free. I bought a 6 pack of Blackout X5 Envy 400 2" veins for $39 and had them cut for my length for free too. The release, case, arrows, wax, and heads set me back ~$130, which is not too bad for a beginners set up(i guess).
I'm going back to have it properly sighted when the holidays are over.

Any suggestions on a website that sells broadheads at a reasonable price?

cervus interfectorem
Diamond by Bowtech Razor Edge
Old 01-02-2013, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Welcome to the world of archery. And as for your last question, your Bass Pro shop has the average price of most broadheads. The only place you can probably get them cheaper is on Ebay.
For your light draw weight I would recommend you stay away from mechanical broadheads and get a 'cut on contact' fixed blade. A few good ones are Slick Trick Razortrick or Viper Trick, Muzzy Phanthom, Steelforce, Magnus Stinger.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:10 PM
Spike

my wife shoots and hunts with a razor edge set at about 45 lbs, she has very good luck with the g5 montec cut on contact heads and they fly like darts off her bow.

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.