HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Hoyt Spyder (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/376719-hoyt-spyder.html)

Sageboy 12-18-2012 09:21 AM

Hoyt Spyder

I'm not one to post much and I apologize for that but wanted to share my experience with shooting the new Spyder.

3 years ago I bought the Hoyt Maxxis when it first came out and absolutely fell in love with the bow. There was nothing I didn't like about it. The other day I called the Hoyt dealer and said that I was comparing the specs of the Maxxis and Spyder and on paper the specs were pretty close. My question was how much of a difference is there and would it be noticeable. In my mind I'm figuring there can't be that big of a difference. He said you wouldn't believe it if you didn't shoot it and said you have to shoot it and you be the judge.

So off to the bow shop I go. I get there and he pulls one off the rack that would meet my specs. He said the only thing I'm going to do is put a rest on it just so you can shoot it. The rest is on and upstairs we go to send one down range. On the very first shot I was sold on this bow. It was incredible. There was nothing on this bow and was not tricked out at all. I took a few more shots just because it was so nice to shoot.

Needless to say I walked out of the shop with it. If anyone has been thinking about getting this bow you must shoot it. It's amazing how how much better it shot from the Maxxis. I never would have believed it if I never shot it. It's scary to think what will come out next and find it hard to believe they could put out something better but then again that's what I said about the Maxxis.

wheelie 12-19-2012 01:16 AM

I have a 2110 Turbohawk. I shoot it better than any other bow I have. After three years of frustration with my target bow of another brand, I got a new 2012 Rampage yesterday. Got sureloc sight and stab system on yesterday and going to line it up today, Have not shot Rampage as of yet but I am hoping that solves my frustration.

stags pad 04-14-2013 10:42 AM

Shot a bowtech outlaw 2011 for a couple yrs now and am very excited about receiving my g3 carbon element..I tried it fell in love with it and that's that..but no reason other than I still love my outlaw I won't be selling it,it's really a great bow and I have punished it pretty hard.it has never let me down.so yeah horses for courses I guess and if the arrow is still coming out the end that's not facing you then I guess where all happy hunters.

txjourneyman 04-23-2013 12:28 PM

I just got a new Spyder turbo. I was amazed at how much more I liked it than my Vector 32. Even with the same RKT cams it just felt so much better.
I gave my Vector to a buddy.

dkecoleman 05-23-2013 07:51 PM

I've had a Spyder for a couple of months now, I can't say enough about it, tuned easy, shoots great

zim4par 07-27-2013 12:01 PM

I am super excited to get mine middle of this coming week! Buddy that works at the shop is customizing it for me now (all black with red accent accessories, GO HUSKERS!!) Granted I have not shot any NEW bow in 10 years, but this bow blew every other bow I shot out of the water. As far as I am concerned the only other bow I shot that I thought came close to the Spyder was the Elite Hunter (just heavier at address and the resale value will go downhill the minute you walk out the shop with it versus a hoyt) I plan on having the bow for quite a few years but still, good to know that your bow is still worth a few pennies. Enjoy!

Jr_Buck_Hunter 07-30-2013 03:25 PM

Thanks for posting. I was unsure about getting this bow but after reading this i'm convinced