Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 I BOUGHT THE BIGGEST CUBE BROADHEAD >

I BOUGHT THE BIGGEST CUBE BROADHEAD

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

I BOUGHT THE BIGGEST CUBE BROADHEAD

Old 09-17-2003, 04:41 PM
Spike

Default I BOUGHT THE BIGGEST CUBE BROADHEAD

target from cabelas they have its like 28x28x14 in. and in the ad it says get years of shooting or many years of service, whatever, i have had it exactly one month and it is shot to pieces, will still stop a arrow as long as you make sure you dont hit a spot thats not too shot up. I`m not sure but i dont think a month of shooting equals years of service i dont care how you look at it, they also say that the foam is specially laminated to hold up better well after you shoot it enough you can roll the front of the target back enough to see the guts and the special lamination equates to the foam being rolled up, the front of target is solid foam but the innards are nothing more than a sheet of foam rolled tightly. I paid 127.00 for this thing including shipping and it isnt even going to make it through one season of shooting, granted i shoot a hr or two every day or other day, but still dont think that equals a yr or yrs. Has anybody else got one of these and has yours done the same thing. Good Hunting-Cant wait till Oct. 1st.-DEAN
Old 09-17-2003, 05:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: I BOUGHT THE BIGGEST CUBE BROADHEAD

I have had the same problem with a blueridge 3-d target and the black hole layered target. I believe all 3 are guilty of false advertisment.
Old 09-17-2003, 10:32 PM

This is one reason I like to get my broadheads hitting the same spot as my field points. A nice bag target (arrow brake seems to be a better one) lasts a LONG time, and is easy to get arrows out of.
Old 09-17-2003, 11:10 PM

www.pacificbowbutts.com
Old 09-18-2003, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Mahly. I tune to get my broadheads and field points grouping well, and hitting the same, then I practice with field points 90% of the time at a good bag target. I still shoot my broadheads at least once each time I practice, but I' ve never seen the need to practice with broadheads only. I got a Humungo BH target this season for shooting my broadheads. It seems to be doing fairly well, but I haven' t shot it a ton yet. Of course at $29, I can' t really complain. It' s a decent target and I like the size of it(30" x30" ). Even though I rarely take a shot at game over 30yds, sometimes I like to practice really far. I feel confident that I will always hit the target, even if I botch an occasional shot (compared to my small 3d deer). Unfortunately, this happens to the best of us. A big broadhead target means no more messed up arrows or broadheads during practice I used to get 4' x4' heavy styrofoam blocks to shoot broadheads at. Those things were great. You could shoot at 80+ yds and not miss
Old 09-18-2003, 05:40 PM

Broadheads will mess up anything I was shooting my new simmons sharks BHs and messed up my block taget in no time. I then had a black hole that I used for feild points only until I shot up my block and now they are both toast. I was cosidering a cube but not no more. My broadheads and feild points are hitting the same now so I' m gonna back off the broadhead shooting for a while and just shoot my 3-d buck.
I did take2 sheets of 8x4 sheets of 2in blue foam insulation sheets cut them to 4x4 and banded them together to stand behind mt deer so I can shoot 40 yds. and if I accidentally jerk one Im not in the neighbors yd. I was using four haybails banded tight together but my arrows would blast right through them. The foam is working good it even stops broad heads. they were around $20 a sheet at a local builders supply store I imagine Home Depot or Menards would be even cheaper so $40 for a 4x4 target thats 8in thick and you can buy more and go thicker. How long it will last I have no Idea but it was fairly cheap and its huge.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:06 PM

first off i think the block or black hole are a little better, 2nd ,if you shoot nothing but broadheads into any of these target ,i don' t care what they say they just aren' t gonna hold up ! i have my block for three years now and only shoot broadheads to make sure they are tuned ,and group well once thats in order it' s back to field tips , now don' t get me wrong the target is shot up, but it is still in good enough condition to stop arrows ,and i don' t shoot the broadheads into the same area of the target over and over .

Old 09-28-2003, 08:11 PM

Someone else has probably done this already but I' m new to this site. I have a black hole that wasn' t stopping arrows very well anymore so I made a wooden frame around it. I made the two side sections about 1" -1 1/2" smaller. I used a ratchet strap and a pipe clamp to compress the foam so I could screw it together. It worked very well, now I don' t need to go buy another one.
Old 09-29-2003, 01:02 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 09-29-2003, 09:00 PM

Navy, my tires have lasted alot longer than 30,000... Do I need new ones? I put stickers on my block and shoot at different spots each time. If you consistently shoot the center it will be destroyed fairly quickly.

Quick Reply: I BOUGHT THE BIGGEST CUBE BROADHEAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.