Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!! >

Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!!

Old 09-20-2003, 07:40 PM

Default RE: Mathews LX and Muzzy Zero Effect Rest!!!

trestand,,
I know what you mean [X(]I have had my SQ2 going on 3 SEASONS.
This is NOT normal for me.I am one of those FREAKS that thinks he needs the NEWEST,GREATEST,,MATHEWS that hits the market.It started with the ULTRA LITE,then the MQ1,,then the MQ-32,,Q2XL,,,and my SQ2.
I AM DDDUUUUEEE !!!!!!!!!!!!.
So,you say it was the BH,that you based you choice on ???.I think I' ll have realy check them out before I decide.Could I get away with shooting the LX off the string ??.I' m trying to save EVER bit of my stubby draw length.[X(]
Old 09-22-2003, 05:42 AM

When given the choice, most guys shopping for a new MATHEWS will/would pick the LX over the ULTRA 2 ??.Any good reason ??.The ULTRA 2 IS a faster 80% let off cam !,,,Your only talking around a 1/2" less in BH....
What are your thoughts ??
Droptines........not so in the real world !! I have had both and the LX is smoother and quieter bare , than my Ultra2 was loaded with limbsaver products ! The LX is heavier but a lot steadier and easier to hold on target ! Speed : both set at 29.5" , 65% let off, 70# ......the Ultra2 shot 298fps ......the LX shoots 304-305 fps !! Only difference was the Ultra2 had string leeches and the LX has none !!

My question is why buy an Ultra2 when you can get a smoother drawing, quieter , faster, better balanced, smoother shooting, more forgiving-higher BH, and all around better bow with an adjustable cam (cab be 65 or 80%) ? I' ll take an LX any day over an Ultra2 !!
Old 09-22-2003, 05:53 AM

Droptines,I liked the Legacy,with it' s higher BH,but I forgot to mention that I also wanted the 80% let-off.Besides that, the LX had the V-Lock pockets,and it' s newer,greater,wonderful,the bow to end all........until the next newer,greater,wonderful,end all bow comes out..I know that you know what I mean...LOL....Bob
Old 09-22-2003, 06:01 AM

Droptines,As far as the string question,I have a 30in.draw,so thats not a problem....Bob
Old 09-23-2003, 03:34 AM

You guys are GOODYou have me pretty much sold on the LX.NOW,,,If I could just STOP thinking about getting a new bow until the 2004' s come out,I' ll be allright.[]
Old 10-09-2003, 09:08 PM

Question.... if you file bankruptcy because you have to have a new Mathews every year do they let ya keep the bows???? I know what you guys mean, it all started with that first MQ32 then the Ultra 2 (before the LX was) and now the Legacy. Think the wife will notice a fourth Mathews around the house? Can' t wait to see what they have for 2004!!! Great bows!! [:-]