Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Opinions on Bows wanted please. >

Opinions on Bows wanted please.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Opinions on Bows wanted please.

Old 11-13-2012, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Opinions on Bows wanted please.

The old PSE Viking just aint cuttin it any more. Im spendin more money on replacement parts than its worth. So I am entering the market for a new bow. Unfortunately, I dont rele have the funds at to get the one I rele want (Elite brand) so i am looking for the best deal I can get until my piggy bank gets refilled. The two brands I am looking at the most at the moment are Bear and Mission. What do you guys think about these? Ill admit Im not as up to date as I should be on the bow manufacturers today. Give the pros and cons of these two brands and what kinda bow would I be gettin?
Old 11-13-2012, 06:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

check out bass pro's Kronic..ready to go. like 3-4 hundred bux. i think bowtech makes em for them? i aint sure. super fast and super quiet..my buddy picked one up, and i busted his balls at first, but after awhile i saw it was a nice set up..quick and quiet too.

http://reviews.basspro.com/2010/1014...ws/reviews.htm

Last edited by halfbakedi420; 11-13-2012 at 07:12 PM.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Used to be ,a very reputable bow shop i frequented had used,some of which saw little use that were taken in trade. resale price was reasonable on the best of them. much less than new.
Getting the right bow for me was much easier with their help. I,d rather do things myself but at the time it really helped. will seek pros again if i wear out this 30 plus year old bow i bought new from them eventually. (Previous years model). Good luck.
Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

I've seen some 1-2 yr old bows guys traded in at my local pro-shop for the latest and greatest. Some were complete, ready to shoot in the price range that most guys are willing to spend. Keep an eye on ebay, it has a ton guys selling out or updating.
Mathews just introduced their new models and if a guy is patient he can get a 6 month old bow cheap.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

I have to agree with the above post on looking at a reputable bow shop. They have great later model bows that have been gone over by them. Usually with new strings and cables installed. Some shops have demo bows on sale. I assume you want it for next seasson so you have lots of time. Check as many out as you can and get one the feels good to you and you can shoot well. Don't get hung up on names. There are a few good bow companies out there that don't charge an arm and a leg for their bows but stand behind them.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Typical Buck

yep you can pick up a couple year old used bow thats not much off of the latest stuff for a 1/3 or 1/4 the cost of new. If thats not your thing, then i think for the money to bowtech assassin isnt a bad way to go if you must have a new bow.
Old 11-30-2012, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Archery talk always has a ton of 1-2 year old bows for sale. Beware no matter where you by a used bow, you never know for sure how it was cared for. I'd take a look at the Bear legion, great quality bow that is super quit with good speed. My local shop sells them like hot cakes. Pretty sure the package sells for $499 with sight, rest, quiver and stabilizer.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

I had actually been lookin at the Legion. Good reviews on these?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:17 AM
Spike

I found this website one day http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowpkg2.htm take a look at it. you pick the bow you want and then itll list options for sights rest arrows you want you can get a really good deal
Old 12-27-2012, 07:09 PM
Spike

I Picked up a Bear Attack at Dicks sporting goods for under 500 since the model year is closing out on them. Love it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.