Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Whisker Biscuit VS. Drop Away Rest? >

Whisker Biscuit VS. Drop Away Rest?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Whisker Biscuit VS. Drop Away Rest?

Old 11-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

That is why I am using the Trophy Ridge Drop Shop.. Nothing to hold your arrow in place except for a little piece of foam.. But, I am used to this type of drop away so I love how it shoots. I may be wrong but to me the most important part of your bow is the arrow rest. That is outside of the string, cams, and the like.
Old 11-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bbrunswick
Scotty-I've looked at those but it seems that if the arrow was bumped hard enough it would fall out, thus leaving you in a predicament if you have a trophy buck standing in front of you. Maybe I'm just imaging scenarios. Is that what you use? If so, has the above situation ever happened to you?
yep it came on my bowtech assassin. Before that i used a whiskerbiscuit, i think i like this a little better because it doesnt touch the fletching. The arrow would have to get seriously bumped to get it out, its possible of course but not really a worry, its in there pretty good.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Spike

Thanks for the help folks. I'll defiantly be upgrading my my rest to either a NAP or QAD Drop away.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Absolutely nothing wrong with a WB, in fact they are very simple and dependable...and when set up properly they are not hard on your fletching, and are deadly accurate. Drop away's are good also, its really up to what you want and like. I've shot both - used drop away rests for a long time, now I shoot a biscuit.
Old 11-09-2012, 03:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Biscuit is an ingenious device

Don't use one, but they are wanted and even needed by many hunters. I went with a fall away, which was better for me, at "capturing" the arrow in rest position during hunting, than what I had used. I didn't see the need for stricter capture while waiting, for long periods, to take an archery arrow shot. And a whisker biscuit is less needed in practice sessions, which I did fairly frequent.

I had also learned my "attention to detail" with the old prong type rest. The prong wasn't very charitable to the new hunter's attention to detail and keeping the arrow constantly in shooting position during the hunt.

Not all hunters are the same. Some hunt less frequently; practice less frequently.

I know one shop that now sells whisker biscuit, exclusively, on all internet package compound bow sales. Must know his market is not the "professional" archer, but the infrequent practicing archer and the hunter who is a part-time archery hunter during the hunting season.

What fits one doesn't fit all.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:33 AM
Fork Horn

I used WB on my old bow for afew years. Liked it, but as prev stated it is tuff on vanes and does slow your arrow down alil bit. new bow has a drop away and so far am happy with it full containment and QT and drops out of way fast.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:31 AM
Spike

I've been bow hunting for a long long time. my boys are avid hunters as well. I've always used a biscuit except when a buddy talked me into the fall away. That lasted for about an hour. I don't care what anyone says, the WB rules.

I've had folks tell me that they've used a chronograph to measure flight speed with a WB and a FA. The biscuit slows the arrow by 3 - 4 fps.

I've also had to listen to folks complain about how the biscuit wears down the fletchings.

Okay. If I have been losing 3 - 4 fps all these years and still bagging what I do then the tradeoff is well worth it. I could hang upside down and shoot accurately if I wanted to!

If my fletchings are wearing out because of the biscuit it probably doesn't matter much as any shot in the field usually becomes a target arrow. and wearing out fletchings on target arrows has never been a big problem for me (not that I've noticed).

We're rollin' with the Biscuit!
Old 12-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do a forum search for a WB vs DP thread done a few years back by Washington Hunter (I do not remember the actual screen name as he had it). He did a good review on them.
Old 12-25-2012, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

I used the WB for yrs until it started to tear my fletchings off. I switched to a drop away and love it. I had a guy tell me the oppiste too that his drop away tore the fletching and he went with a WB.Both
Old 12-28-2012, 10:15 PM
Spike

Qad and ripcord are both full containment rests and are considered to be top line rests and you can't go wrong with either. The big difference is a whisker biscuit is in contact with the arrow shaft until it leaves it where a fall away is there momentarily and there for doesn't slow the arrow as much. The difference can be as much as ten feet per second according to draw length and proper installation. I personally use a QAD HD and love it. I will never use a biscuit again.

Last edited by randy3oo3; 12-28-2012 at 10:17 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.