HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Rage Tricks? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/372982-rage-tricks.html)

Woodsman88 09-24-2012 02:32 PM

Rage Tricks?

I have always been a fixed blade guy but have decided to give the mechanicals a shot. The rage 2 blade is what I got and the practice blade flies awesome! My question is does anyone have any tips or tricks for the real heads to keep them from deploying before the shot or in flight? Also, what are your experiences with this head especially those of you who have used fixed blades for a long time? Thanks

bronko22000 09-24-2012 03:48 PM

They shouldn't open before the shot or in flight. I would suspect the O-ring can be rotated to a new position. I've never used them but I think the blades have a sort of hook that goes behind the O-ring. If the blade is deployed it could damage the O-ring. So slightly rotating it and pulling it down below the groove prior to positioning the blades should hold the blades in place until impact.

huntingkidPA 09-24-2012 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by bronko22000 (Post 3982202)
They shouldn't open before the shot or in flight. I would suspect the O-ring can be rotated to a new position. I've never used them but I think the blades have a sort of hook that goes behind the O-ring. If the blade is deployed it could damage the O-ring. So slightly rotating it and pulling it down below the groove prior to positioning the blades should hold the blades in place until impact.

x2. i have muzzys and rage, but i may just use rage again this season because they group a little better than my muzzys

Woodsman88 09-24-2012 05:47 PM

I always used muzzy too but wantto try something new. The last pack of muzzies I got would not shoot well at all.

huntingkidPA 09-24-2012 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsman88 (Post 3982266)
I always used muzzy too but wantto try something new. The last pack of muzzies I got would not shoot well at all.

i like rage. I think there a pretty good broadhead. the only thing that turned me off to them was the price and replacing orings. they sure do the trick on a deer. Im just worried about what will happen if i would happen to hit shoulder. I haven't before with them but ya never know.

Woodsman88 09-24-2012 10:43 PM

You could always try the new chisel tip. If I like these then I will definitely get the chisel tips next time.

huntingkidPA 09-25-2012 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Woodsman88 (Post 3982338)
You could always try the new chisel tip. If I like these then I will definitely get the chisel tips next time.

more worried about the cutting diameter, i feel like the will probably bend, maybe break and stop the arrow from penetrating.

Woodsman88 09-25-2012 03:20 PM

I hope not but I will give my thoughts on these next week. I have a trip to my property and god willing I will be able to test these broadheads out.

supaflav 09-25-2012 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by huntingkidPA (Post 3982255)
x2. i have muzzys and rage, but i may just use rage again this season because they group a little better than my muzzys

Try the Slick Tricks or Grizz Tricks. The fly better than every fixed blade I've ever shot. And you don't have to worry about moving parts failing on you.

dhunter4life 09-29-2012 07:06 PM

I agree with supaflav , tricks fly great , and NEVER EVER FAIL......never never never ever