Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage Tricks?

Old 09-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Typical Buck

What kind of hole can one expect from Slick Trick Magnums? I saw them in Cabela's and I expected a wider blade? I like a big hole for a good blood trail.
Old 09-30-2012, 05:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Will the o-ring keep the blades closed?
Will the blades break off if I hit the shoulder?
Will the blades open in flight?
Can the blades be bumped and pop off the o-ring?
So on and so on and so on

Why would any one want to worry about all of this crap when taking the shot on a deer?

What kind of hole can one expect from Slick Trick Magnums? I saw them in Cabela's and I expected a wider blade? I like a big hole for a good blood trail.
1.125 X 2 = 2.25"
They have 1/4" more cutting ability than a 2" 2 blade rage. The simply cut in two different directions instead of a single direction.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:14 PM
Typical Buck

I shot two deer with the new Chisel Tips this past Saturday. Both were complete passthroughs, only had that happen once with the old style tips. Killed around 8-10 deer with the old style. As far as them flying open during flight, never had it happen but i do replace or rotate the O-rings fairly often.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:50 PM
Spike

Rage is all I've used. I've never had a problem with deployment or anything else for that matter. my shots have all been complete pass through with excellent blood trails They are however one shot broadheads, which is a definite con, but I think it is well worth the cost. That's my two cents.

Last edited by bbrunswick; 10-13-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

rage heads are good, but they will come open in a quiver and you need to check them often to make sure the are "tight" I have killed several deer with them and they did the job. I have also killed several with slick tricks and they do just as good a job, but are more durable and fly almost as well from a properly tuned bow. If they bow isn't tuned that's another story. This year I have tried the NAP Killzone. It's similar to the rage in size, but the blade retention system is more like the spitfires. They fly great, penetrate the same as the rage heads, are a little sharper and from the two deer shot with them this year (same arrow and broadhead) more durable. I have not run them through my old broadhead tests but based on what I have seen there score would be similar to the rage probably slightly higher because of durability but very close.
Old 10-28-2012, 04:47 PM
Spike

The slick tricks do fly straight, but the 2 deer I shot with them did not have good blood trails at all. I'm thinking the hole diameter may be too small, I had 2 pass thru shots rite behind the shoulder and was not impressed with the blood trail. May try the new rages extreme, expensive though.
Old 10-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bigbulls
Will the o-ring keep the blades closed?
Will the blades break off if I hit the shoulder?
Will the blades open in flight?
Can the blades be bumped and pop off the o-ring?
So on and so on and so on

Why would any one want to worry about all of this crap when taking the shot on a deer?

1.125 X 2 = 2.25"
They have 1/4" more cutting ability than a 2" 2 blade rage. The simply cut in two different directions instead of a single direction.
Answer to question, GrimReapers!!!!! No bands. No opening in flight. TroCar Tip. Won't bend. Dead critters!!!!!!! No worry!!!!
Old 11-12-2012, 09:12 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Woodsman88
I have always been a fixed blade guy but have decided to give the mechanicals a shot. The rage 2 blade is what I got and the practice blade flies awesome! My question is does anyone have any tips or tricks for the real heads to keep them from deploying before the shot or in flight? Also, what are your experiences with this head especially those of you who have used fixed blades for a long time? Thanks
I have used Rage's for years with awesome results!! As for the blades opening in flight, I've never had that happen to me! I do put small/lite rubberbands around the middle of the broadhead so the blades won't open while in the quiver..this in no way affects accuracy!! Hope this helps ya :-)

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android