HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   LX and Muzzy zeoro effect- oops! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/36932-lx-muzzy-zeoro-effect-oops.html)

DoninVa 09-07-2003 07:02 PM

LX and Muzzy zeoro effect- oops!

When I bought my LX, I also got the Muzzy zero effect for it. I already had two bows with the Muzzy and was very satified. I even said I would not buy the LX till they came out with a Muzzy to fit it. After shooting it about 3 weeks, there was some noise I could not get rid of and there was a little recoil that the Mathews I' ve owned in the past didn' t have. I decided it was in the rest so I found a Trophy Taker on e-bay and bought it. What a difference[:o]. Absolutely no noise and the bow has no recoil at all. Before everyone jumps:D, I did have it set up properly (re-checked everything about 5 times). Was shooting bullet holes and grouping great. I have to eat crow on this one[:' (]. I will be shooting the Trophy Taker on the LX from now on;).Note to self: Before opening big mouth, make sure I know what I' m talking about in the future[:-]. Don

tm 09-10-2003 08:39 PM

RE: LX and Muzzy zeoro effect- oops!

I tried the Trophy Taker first and ain' t changing. Makes a nice setup, quick & quiet.

douglasm 09-10-2003 10:13 PM

I had a shakey hunter put on my new Q2 and love it.Just for s%!ts and giggles I shot ICS 400s , ACC 3-49s and some2213s from 20yards.The ICSs and ACCs hit the the same spot and the 2213s hit about 11/2" low. So then I shot them through paper and was really shocked. The ACCs and ICSs shot perfect bullet holes and the 2213s had a slight low nock tear. I love this rest!

hvyhitter19 09-15-2003 07:33 AM

I bought the Trophy Taker as my first fall away... So I have not tested anything else... But I can' t see how it could get any better... That is a Sweet rest in every way but Price... But Well Worth it I think...

hdsanders 09-16-2003 02:43 PM

Had the ZE on my MQ-1 and loved it. Bought the LX and put a ZE on it. Love it as well and have had no problems.

DoninVa 09-16-2003 05:10 PM

hdsaders, I didn' t have a problem how the Muzzy shoots on the LX. It is just a little loud and caused a tiny bit of shock. The shock probably wouldn' t be noticed except the LX is dead in the hand. I talked to Muzzy the other day and will re-try the rest after bow season. They told me the set up could be changed a little and it might help. I have 2 of the standard Muzzy' s on two other bows and they work great. Don

trestand 09-19-2003 05:32 AM

Don,You know the MZE will be back on your LX,cause you like the MZE' s as much as I do.I would' nt have my LX any other way...Bob

DoninVa 09-19-2003 07:17 PM

Yea, I know trestand, but it was a little close to arrow slinging time to keep playing around. Shot my mighty mite with the Muzzy the other day and boy was it sweet. My back up bow (mighty mite) is faster than the LX and holds like a rock at full draw. If I could get the hand shock out of it, I might have 2 no. 1 bows[:-]. The Trophy taker is working real well so far. Don