Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

bow for $1000

Old 09-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Typical Buck

Shoot everyone listed above and then pick the one you like. $1K is a good amount to spend on a bow. Check out a bunch of different accessories (ie sights, quivers arrow holders etc etc) You can afford to be choosy.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:10 AM
Spike

thanks for the advice, ill have to find a place in the louisville,ky area that will be able to fit me, anyone have suggestions if you are from around this area?
Old 09-06-2012, 06:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

King's archery on Bardstown Rd in Eastland shopping center next to Firearms Service Center. Tell them Neil sent you (the big hairy guy lol).
Old 09-07-2012, 02:12 AM
Spike

i would try a darton 3800 its fast and shoots great
Old 09-14-2012, 09:39 AM
Fork Horn

Honestly for that price you are right at the bare bow price for the very top end bows... the Invasions, monsters, insanitys, Z-7, Omen ect. Then realize your adding another $300 for the setup. Again don't buy a bow because someone says its awesome. Shoot everything you can, but I would take a hard look at the bowtech assain. At my buddy's shop in northern KY they are one of the best selling bows on the rack and it will tip the scales under your price range.
Old 09-17-2012, 04:02 AM
Spike

I would say shoot them all but what I found is that Hoyt and Bowtech shot the best for me.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by MISwampDog

I can't stress this point enough...do not listen to all the hype. Most people you talk to will recommend "The Big Three". That being Mathews, Bowtech, and Hoyt. I personally shoot a Darton. When I tell people what I shoot, most respond "what company" or "they make crap bows". People are biased. The bow that I shoot is great in my opinion. When it comes down to it, your opinion is what matters. Shoot everything that interests you and buy what feels the best.

Good luck in your search.
I agree with you completely. My friends dad has a Matthews. I was watching him shoot, it was as loud as my bear charge...He ask me what i shoot now and i told him. He didn't really have a response. I was watching him struggle to hit an apple at 15 yards...I picked up my bear and shot it from 30 yards. He was surprised to say the least.

its all about what feels best to you and what you want to shoot! i've been loyal to bear archery my whole life, and i will until they disappoint me.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default $1000 BOW -all for them

The more sold, the more intermediate bows for us old guys.
Old 10-11-2012, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to stress buying the bow from a pro shop. I'd follow the "big hairy guy's" advice as he knows of a nearby shop that will treat you right.