Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Matthews Jewel vs Passion >

Matthews Jewel vs Passion

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Matthews Jewel vs Passion

Old 08-01-2012, 02:52 PM
Spike

Default Matthews Jewel vs Passion

Hi, I'm looking to take up bowhunting to extend my hunting season a little bit... Shotgun just isn't long enough for me! lol Anyways I am currently looking at a Matthews Passion and a Matthews Jewel... I believe they are very similar, but the Jewel is the newere model? I was just wondering any opinions, or is there a different brand/model I should check out?
Old 08-03-2012, 09:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

Pink - personally I like the bows made by Martin. They are well made (sometimes the finish isn't perfect) and they are quiet, fast and deadly accurate. Plus the price is far below the Matthews. AS Martin bows go, IMO you get a lot more for your money than from the other high end companys like Matthews, Bowtech, etc.
They make several models with draw lengths and weights suited for youth and women. All I'm saying is give them a shot before throwing your hard earned cash out. You may be pleasantly surprised.
I currently have 4 Martins from a light 35-50 model up to a couple 55-70# ones and love them all.

Last edited by bronko22000; 08-03-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-03-2012, 01:13 PM
Spike

Thanks!! Thats exactly what I was wondering, I have pretty much only heard about the big brands like Matthews, Bowtech, Hoyt, and others like that so I was looking for opinions on the underdogs! We are going back to the bow shop on Monday so I will definitely ask about them!
Old 08-04-2012, 04:14 AM
Typical Buck

just another option, you could check out Bear Archery, they been around forever and there finally starting to show how good they are. Like martin bows, you get a lot of bang for your buck. i suggest the home wrecker or apprentice 2 from Bear

Last edited by huntingkidPA; 08-04-2012 at 04:17 AM.