Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Cougar Claw Climbers...

Old 09-04-2003, 05:38 PM

Default Cougar Claw Climbers...

I once called a dealer (I was told by a friend to call them) in another state and asked them which was the best treestand they ever used. They said Cougar Claw was the best...hands down. I asked why. They said that the seat on the CC was mounted to the bottom piece where your platform is, and that means there is no shifting of the stand when your weight comes off the seat and onto the platform (because your weight is already there) resulting in a rock sold stand. So.....I ordered one from them without even seeing it. I used it a few times...and it was SOOOO solid. The ONLY thing I didn' t like was the boomerang shaped pieces that you bolt (big wingnut style bolts) on to go around the tree. I don' t think the cable type was out then. It was a pin sometimes to get the bolts in the holes and most of all....it made a lot of noise going up the tree in my opinion. So the next spring I sold it to my cousin.

Here' s the deal...I can' t find any info on the Cougar Claw treestands now and I forgot the dealer I got mine from (was a few years ago). I am wondering if they make one with the coated cables like most of the other new ones. Any help would be appreciated.

On a side note...my cousin fell out of his new Summit last year and banged his face on the tree pretty good. Had he been using that CC I sold him when he stood up he' d of still been rock solid and not have fell. Now...he too swears by the CC and won' t part with it.

I' d NEVER use a climber with the seat on the top piece after using the CC....hands down....in my opinion...it' s seat (which folds and had a pocket in it) on the base design is second to none...and the safest.

Old 09-04-2003, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cougar Claw Climbers...

Try the phone number on this website.

http://www.outdoorsyp.com/customers.asp?ID=9189369
Old 09-05-2003, 11:58 AM

thanks!
Old 09-07-2003, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Loggy Bayou is the same way, seat is mounted to the platform.
Old 09-09-2003, 05:39 AM

Then Loggy Bayou knows what thier doing IMO...