Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews Helium

Old 07-26-2012, 12:26 PM
Spike

I currently shoot a mathews reezen 7.0 and tried the new heli m but still like my 7.0 better than the helim or the z7. It's all up to each one of us as the make and model that we shoot. If you like the feel and can shoot it to expectations then I say you have found the correct bow for you. Just shot some the high end bear bows and really was impressed.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been trying a few bows out lately and the Heli-m has still has the best mark for me. I've been to a couple Mathews dealers and both have it for $850 bare bones so it's not as bad as I was expecting with the MSRP. It looks like it will run be $1200 or so all set up. It's a decent chunk of change but with the warranty and the quality of Mathews it is well worth it. The lifetime warranty that mathews has can't be beat.
Old 08-18-2012, 06:21 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Honestly I don't understand the hype with the Matthews bows. Not that they aren't any good - they truely are. But Matthews are great at advertising. They put a lot of stress on the Helium at 3 1/2 pounds, IBO speed of 332 and ATA of 30"and $959 MSRP.
I just picked up a Martin Exile for my cousin's son which has the following specs.: 3.4 lb, IBO 320, ATA 30.5", MSPR $639.
I truly believe that you pay a couple hundred dollars just for the Matthews name. I have 3 Martin bows and they are fast, smooth, quiet, delivers zero hand shock or vibration, and is extremely accurate. And their warranty and customer service IMO is second to none.
i couldn't agree more with this post....
Old 08-18-2012, 11:06 PM
Fork Horn

I actually just sighted mine in today. I have been shooting a Mathews Switchback since '05 and have never seen a bow that made me consider swapping till I saw the Heli-M.My neighbor bought one and it impressed me so I went and shot one. Now after sighting mine in.......WOW! People can say what they want about Mathews being great at advertising and thats true. BUT, advertising will only get you to buy the first bow. Quality is what keeps you buying the same brand. Most Mathews owners like myself have owned 2 or 3 in their lifetime. That speaks highly of the quality. Now, back to the heli-m. I use to think my switchback was pretty sweet but this bow is super quite and super fast. I shoot 70# with a 28.5" draw. I dont know how fast its shooting but its up there. I have nothing but praise for this bow.
Old 08-22-2012, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jimmy28303
I actually just sighted mine in today. I have been shooting a Mathews Switchback since '05 and have never seen a bow that made me consider swapping till I saw the Heli-M.My neighbor bought one and it impressed me so I went and shot one. Now after sighting mine in.......WOW! People can say what they want about Mathews being great at advertising and thats true. BUT, advertising will only get you to buy the first bow. Quality is what keeps you buying the same brand. Most Mathews owners like myself have owned 2 or 3 in their lifetime. That speaks highly of the quality. Now, back to the heli-m. I use to think my switchback was pretty sweet but this bow is super quite and super fast. I shoot 70# with a 28.5" draw. I dont know how fast its shooting but its up there. I have nothing but praise for this bow.
Couldn't have said it better. I've shot a few different brands and have been shooting the Mathews Drenalin over the last few years. Shot the Heli-m and loved it. Tried it out on three different occasions to be sure and the third time I pulled the trigger and got it. I'll be out again to fine tune it this weekend but was amazed on how quick I had it shooting six inch groups at 40 yards. Purchased mine at my local Mathews dealer and paid well under the MSRP for it, seems like a lot of places try to stay under that. Now I just need October to come around!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:20 PM
Spike

I went to get a new Helium , and left with a Hoyt Vector 32,,, I shot both , and all the top 12 new bows for 2012, the Hoyt won , and it won with outdoor life to , they picked them in about the same order as I did
Old 10-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Spike

Its all about what is right for you. I shot the helim, carbon matrix, vector, I shot them all. But when I laid hands on the bowtech insanity it was a match made in heaven. When you shoot it for the first time you just know

Posted from Huntingnet.com App for Android