Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Mathews Helium

Old 06-15-2012, 04:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mathews Helium

Anybody bought one of these new bows yet? If so, what fo you think of them. Thinking about getting a new bow and was thinking of either the Z7 Extreme or the Helium,
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Not personally but my friend got one and he loves it. He was previously a Bowtech owner and after he shot the Helium and compared it to the new Bowtech models, the bought the Helium.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:47 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for your input. I checked it out at the bow shop and really liked it. I have been shooting a Switchback XT since i bought it in 2005 and until now have not found a bow that I liked as much. Think I might have found one.
Old 06-27-2012, 10:30 AM
Fork Horn

I bought the Helium bow and love it! It is QT,fast,light,accurate for me it is a awesome bow! my old bow was a mathews SQ2 so this is a major upgrade for me but well worth it cant wait till oct 1st!!
Old 06-27-2012, 12:37 PM
Spike

HelM didnt impress me much,nor does the any Z series...I do like the Monsters a bit though..I would shoot every bow your can get your hands on..This years model or last years etc etc..About 90% of all bow companies make a bow that is built as good as a Mathews is ..Search till you find the bow that picks you,not you picking the bow..If you go home at night an lose sleep,thinking of that bow in a positive way...Then you know ya found the one..At least that is how it happens with me...I have been shooting the same hunting bow for a year an a half or so,because I aint found one that picked me yet..I have tried about every model made in the past few years..Let the bow find you,but you have to the searching (sounds crazy I know
Old 06-29-2012, 09:53 AM
Fork Horn

I can understand that. I have been shooting my Switchback XT since 2005 an have not found anything until now that I really liked. The Helium has a very good feel to me. I have not really looked at other Brands and Models. Checked out the Bowtechs the other day and was not too impressed.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Spike

i would shoot the bowtech insanity before buying the helium. if u do u will buy it and i shoot a hoyt. i have owned mathews and tuned the heli.bt hands down easy tuning and fast best shootn bow i know right now. i will shoot my hoyt one more year though
Old 07-20-2012, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shot the Helium and it was OK! Then I shot the New Elite Answer and that Bow blows away the Helium!!! What a sweet shooting Bow!!!!! If I could sell my 2011 Hoyt CRX32 today I would buy the Elite Answer PRONTO!!!! Before you buy the Helium shoot the Answer!!! WOW!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2012, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Honestly I don't understand the hype with the Matthews bows. Not that they aren't any good - they truely are. But Matthews are great at advertising. They put a lot of stress on the Helium at 3 1/2 pounds, IBO speed of 332 and ATA of 30"and $959 MSRP.
I just picked up a Martin Exile for my cousin's son which has the following specs.: 3.4 lb, IBO 320, ATA 30.5", MSPR $639.
I truly believe that you pay a couple hundred dollars just for the Matthews name. I have 3 Martin bows and they are fast, smooth, quiet, delivers zero hand shock or vibration, and is extremely accurate. And their warranty and customer service IMO is second to none.
Old 07-22-2012, 04:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Z7 that my wife got me for Xmas the first year this model came out, but I didn't hunt with it until this past season, but if I was in the market the Helium would be one bow I would purchase.....Going to sell my Switchback XT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.