Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Real Tree AP opinions/success? >

Real Tree AP opinions/success?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Real Tree AP opinions/success?

Old 06-10-2012, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Real Tree AP opinions/success?

Just got some new ReadHead gear, parka and bibs. Wondering what everyone thinks about real tree ap. I will be hunting in north carolina and ohio, but mainly nc till im out of the army. Anyone got some pictures of them in a treestand with it? The ones on the websites are allways doctored to look better.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

only two kinds of camo i wear are Realtree APG and Predator Green Deception
Old 07-11-2012, 01:29 PM
Spike

Default just my opinion but...

Almost all of the camo out there is good, some better than others depending on the area, and realtree ap is what I use, along with ole fashion woodland camo. The most important part of deer hunting, in my humble opinion, is movement and "eyes". Even "the predator" creature in the movies shows up when he moves. As far as eyes, ever notice how an animal will lock eyes with you if you are staring at them? (some women will do the same thing). Some say scent is top of the list, but I hunt small wood lots near farms and communities and there is always human scent around. Out west, different story. A lot of people like mossy oak, and I have some of that too, but really like the realtree ap better, probably because my local stores sell more of it.
good hunting.
fred
Old 09-02-2012, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

I have realtree AP and I shoot deer while wearing it, but I truly believe I would do just as good wearing light brown or green coveralls.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Fork Horn

Ive always worn either Real Tree or Mossyoak and have had good results. That being said, my Grandfather has taken more animals thnt anyone I know and he wears either bright orange or his traditional red plaid wool vest.
Old 09-03-2012, 06:19 AM
Typical Buck

Realtree AP is good, but I personally like either Predator or ASAT. Deer seem to not pay any attention to me in tree stands.
Old 09-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Spike

its all good camo , about 20 years ago when I learned to wash them in detergent designed for hunting cloths instead of tide made the biggest difference , the UV killing ingreadents really do work , and welcome to NC , APG is the **** here
Old 09-30-2012, 08:37 AM
Spike

I wear realtree AP, Next G-1, and cheap Sitka Optifade, I have succsess with all 3. My favorites though are Next and Optifade.