Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Trophy Ridge sights?

Old 10-31-2003, 11:20 PM

Default RE: Trophy Ridge sights?

The verticail pins do take some getting used to but I like this sight!!!!! I now have 2 and have not had a problem with either one. I ahve had them at least 6-8 months now. Really like the no tool adjustment and have not had any problem with them slipping. The fiber sights are very bright.
Old 11-01-2003, 06:59 AM

They move no matter how tight you get them, plastic junk as far as Im concerned
Old 11-26-2003, 12:55 AM

I own a Matrix and I am very immpressed,as far accuracy,the bow is only as accurate as tha archer.
Old 11-26-2003, 06:42 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-26-2003, 08:29 AM

I have the matrix and love it. It hasn' t moved on me once. I hope to sell my bow in the spring and buy a new bow. I will slap the old cheapo on it and transfer my Matrix to the new bow that I buy!

TBO
Old 11-26-2003, 09:17 AM
Typical Buck

I love mine. You hate or you love it!!!!

Reviews are for the birds. Example.....some people don' t like Mathews, Hoyt, Bowtech, etc......

Reviews are based on personal experiences. Try the site..if you hate it, return it.

j
Old 11-26-2003, 09:19 AM
Typical Buck

NAVY,

What are you asking for your matrix with the light. Let me know, I may be interested.

IM me or e-mail me
Old 12-07-2003, 01:04 AM

I've got the flatliner and have had absolutely no problems. I will be buying a TR sight next year for my next bow.
Old 12-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have used the Flatliner, Matrix and now the Steel Tech Micro Matrix with .029' (.019 option) fiber optics. I have had my share of 'problems' also. Windage & elevation movement, tightening I stripped the threads in the elevation hex bar, (steel pin Micro Matrix) then on examination noticed that the screw could have been longer as it only threaded in about 3~4 rotations. TR replaced part, free of charge and I used a longer socket cap screw (I provided) which screwed all the way thru. I have also changed the length of the screw for the windage adjustment. I do not use the wingnuts provided with the sights, I feel these are part of the problem. I also broke the 20 yard pin on my matrix, my fault, got caught in a tiny branch on the way to my stand, I paid for this replacement and now use a sock over my sights in and out from my stand. The pins adjustments are quickly & easily done and the camloks work well. I find the 'red' fiber optic pins disappears first in low light, the amber pins lights up the longest. On some bows centering the reflective sight ring with the peep is impossible as bows vary in their sight window design and shelf width from the riser. The vertical inline pins are different to the horizontal pin design, but I find this difference to be a matter of personal choice. The nitro lights does 'help' to illuminate the pins a little, enough to keep you in your stand the last 1/2 hours after sunset. However if needed, the Indiglo wide range LED (PSE sight accessory) will light your pins 'all night'. But that's another story. I certainly have no need for the LED, as I'm usually out of my stand at the end of the legal shooting time, unless of course I'm locked in because of deer hanging around under my stand. The shooters bubble on the sight will help to track how vertical you're holding your bow, but you will need to align this level with your bow (riser & limbs).
I will not say that this is a bullet-proof sight. It also worth looking at the Spot Hogg 'real deal' sight--just another of my choice.
Old 12-07-2003, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

All I can say is I have had my Trophy Ridge for just over a year and completely love it.