HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Trophy Ridge DropZone Fall Away Rest Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/35925-trophy-ridge-dropzone-fall-away-rest-review.html)

Orions_Bow 08-23-2003 08:48 PM

Trophy Ridge DropZone Fall Away Rest Review

Trophy Ridge DropZone Fall Away Rest:

Construction: Machined Aluminum

Overview:
As of late I have been shooting a lot of fall away rests. They all have been great products and the various models on the market have impressed me. When I first got a hold of the DropZone I was very impressed with it' s quality, construction, and original
design concept. I like the idea of the vertical dropping arm and it works great.

The rest is very smooth and silent. It has built in vibration dampeners, which are licensed, from Mathews. I honestly couldn' t say how much they really work but it' s a cool idea! I can say that the rest has performed very well. My groups have been super tight and left & rights are almost a thing of the past (also with other high quality fall aways).

I really like this rest, it is a great product and I feel any hunter would be happy with it. I know I am!

Rating system: 1 = poor, 10 = best.

Durability: 10 - Built like a tank! Solid machined aluminum with 2 large bolts for vertical and horizontal and is rock solid. This rest built to last a lifetime. I just don' t see how you can hurt this thing while on a hunting trip.

Quality: 10 - Everything fit together super tight and was well machined. This a first class product designed for the hunter or shooter looking for a very solid and original product. It will last a lifetime.

Price: 8 - This rest is about $109.00 at most shops for a camo version. This is a higher price than a lot of rests but this rest isn' t the same as a $50.00 dollar rest. I really think this rest is worth the price since the quality is so high. It is designed for the performance minded archer looking for the best gear.

Warranty: 10 - Lifetime warranty to the original owner. As good as they come!

Tunability: 9 - Two bolts as easy as it gets to adjust. It does use a cord that attaches to the buss cable so a press is needed for this step or you can try one of several other ways to attach it also with out a press. The rest tuned really fast & 5 shots latter I was done & shooting.

Total Score: 9.4

Final Comment: I really liked this rest and plan to use it this fall for hunting. I am shooting it on a Bowtech Extreme VFT and found it performed perfectly on this bow. I had no fletching contact and the launcher is clearing my fletching with plenty of time
left. This is amazing since this bow is shooting 308 fps. Fall away rests are not for everyone but if you are willing to try one you would be hard pressed to find a higher quality product than this. I found it to be a very durable rest that performed as Trophy Ridge states. It combines a unique concept with high quality and durability, which is always a win win for bowhunters!

Anthony Hunter 08-24-2003 11:04 AM

RE: Trophy Ridge DropZone Fall Away Rest Review

what about noise?....I have been told they were a bit noisy, thats the reason I chose TT fall away rest. I was looking at the TR DZ but the pro shop guy talked me out of it when he said it was a bit noisy.

Orions_Bow 08-24-2003 03:00 PM

No it' s not loud at all. I also knwo several who know how to mod them so they have even less.

I think the rest is a great product & isn' t any louder than the Trophy Takers, TKO' s or any other fall away.

trestand 08-26-2003 05:50 AM

Sorry,but I' m speaking from the fact that I' ve tried a number of rests.The MZE,TT,NAP,and the TR DZ.Even though the TR is " well made" ,in my opinion, it has some nasty habits.This comes after over 500 shots with a TR on a 2003 SC Patriot.The rest will work loose from the riser(even with the set allen ground into the riser),it is noisey,and then you get the chance of string failure.I' ve seen this on more than just the one I had.After appox.300 shots it seems that the spring in the launcher gets weak,and you will get vane contact,which needs constant adjustment.My Patriot was running at 295fps,so maybe it would be OK with a bow thats around 250fps.At 110.00 bucks,it' s not worth it.

Dan324 08-26-2003 10:18 PM

I have put a drop zone to the test on my Q2 since May. Overall, I am happy with it. I have heard of others complain of its noise, but mine seems quiet enough for those close shots.

hvyhitter19 08-29-2003 09:24 AM

I have mine on the Legacy, and it is GREAT... I have been nothing but pleased with it... I have seen a rest called the trap door, and that was really loud, but this rest is all rubberized and is very quite... My bow is louder then the rest for sure...