Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Which Mathews Bow is Best >

Which Mathews Bow is Best

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Mathews Bow is Best

Old 03-06-2014, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Default Which Mathews Bow is Best

I was looking to get some input on the Mathews Creed XS, Z7 and the Chill. Which one would you go with and why? Thanks for any input you may have.
Old 03-08-2014, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm a Monster Chill R fan out of the Mathews line up. I'm a binary/dual/twin shooter through and through, and would love to have a good excuse to upgrade my 2010 Monster to a 2014 Monster Chill R, smoothe, fast, and easy to tune.
Old 03-11-2014, 04:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

I had the Z7 and swore by it.. loved it.. picked up a Creed last year for something different... really enjoy that one as well.. both are great bows... shoot them both and see which feels better.
can't go wrong with either in my opinion.
Old 03-11-2014, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I'm really not a big fan, (I was) I shot Mathews for yrs. I did enjoy shooting the Chill over Creed, but that was 2013. I would have bought the Chill if I didn't find out how good Prime shot.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

Are you absolutely set on Mathews? I personally think there are better bows on the market this year.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:54 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
Are you absolutely set on Mathews? I personally think there are better bows on the market this year.
Not really. What do you recommend?
Old 03-14-2014, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by browtine7
Not really. What do you recommend?
Im a Bear guy through and through, but I shot a Hoyt Faktor that blew me away and the new line of Elites are incredible.

Its not really about who the manufacturer is, its about which bow fits you. Go to a shop and shoot as many as you can and ignore the manufacturer label.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by OhioNovice

Its not really about who the manufacturer is, its about which bow fits you. Go to a shop and shoot as many as you can and ignore the manufacturer label.
This is really good advice. I suggest anyone searching for a new bow that has not tried a new bow in recent years to try as many brands and as many models as you can to find the best fit for you.

All major brands are great and they all shoot well and pretty darn fast. Some people really get caught up on IBO speeds. I get caught up on arrow drop speeds more so because just about any 60lb bow out there has enough energy to drive through a white tail now days.

To get back to the OPs original question the chill r is a sweet bow Much nicer than the Creed in my option because it blows it out of the water in terms of speed.

Bowtech has some really nice offerings. I shot the carbon Knight, Insanity and experience and was blown away by all three of them? It was tough to choose between the Chillr and any of the Bowtechs. They were just that great.

Bear has come a long Way . The fit and finish on their bows still leave a bit to be desired and they seem to be a bit over designed but they sure shoot well. One of the smoothest draws out there. Take a few hours to venture over to www.pigmantv.com and watch a few seasons of his show if you want to find out how well they perform. In season 4 he takes a Bear method out of the box in the Am..bolts on some trophy ridge products to the bow and by the end of the day has two pigs on the ground.

Diamond makes one of the best values in a bow and they are a very good quality bow. Anyone looking to save a few dollars this is the brand to consider. The infident edge is a really awesome Bow for what it is. Not in the same class as some of the bows we mentioned but it's a sweet set up.
Old 03-16-2014, 02:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Been a Mathews shooter for over 15 years now, specifically with only 2 of their bows so far. An Ultra-Light, and now their Switchback model.
But like some have said, there are now other awesome bows on the market. Been checking out the Bowtech line myself of late, and really like what they have to offer. Will have to shoot a couple of models before making a decision on which Bowtech to get. Their new 360 looks crazy!!!
Old 03-16-2014, 11:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I 100% agree, you need to shoot as many bows as you can find that meet your specs for speed, energy, size, and price. One or two of them (usually just ONE) will just jump out at you as the best feeling bow to you.

Originally Posted by edwardCVAmason
It was tough to choose between the ChillR and any of the Bowtechs.
I'm prone to agree with this. As much as I like the Chill R, I prefer the Bowtech's over the Mathews. I'm a huge fan of the Bowtech Destroyer 350, sad they discontinued it.

(I do know why, it was one of the last models that required a press to change draw lengths, and it had a few years on the design).

So yeah, if I were only to own ONE bow, it would be a Bowtech. I like having other bows on hand, so I'll eventually own my own Chill R to replace my Mathews Monster, but my primary bow is a Bowtech Destroyer, which will get replaced by the new Bowtech at the time with the best specs and best feeling draw to me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.