Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Lock On???

Old 01-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Spike

Default Lock On???

I'm getting back into bow hunting. I'm looking for a lock on with armrests. I feel slightly more secure in one. What are some good ones out there? Pros and cons?
Old 02-01-2012, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

friend, you may want to rethink the idea of having arms rest on your treestand for bowhunting. On a steep down angle shot to the side, they just may get in your way or force you to hang out over it. You would be better served (and you should) using your money for a good quality body harness and lifeline.
The safest treestand I ever had was a tree lounge. Problem was it was too darn comfy. I almost always ended up falling a sleep in the darn thing.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have one made by Gorilla. Can't remember the model. Only drawback that I could find was that it weighed nearly 30#, a real pain to haul it up the tree. Comfy as all getout.

I can see Bronko's point about the arms rests getting in the way, but I'll take comfort every time. Arm rests of some sort take a lot of strain off the shoulders and back which means you can stay in the stand longer. And how many times has an animal come near your stand after you had left it? That's one you may never be able to answer.
Old 02-02-2012, 03:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

JW, check this one out. This looks pretty nice.
http://www.huntriversedge.com/founda...age=BigFootXLT

I just did a search for them and the sportsmans guide has them for $100 + reasonable shipping. Most other places have them for $125 and up

Last edited by bronko22000; 02-02-2012 at 03:25 PM.
Old 02-03-2012, 03:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
JW, check this one out. This looks pretty nice.
http://www.huntriversedge.com/founda...age=BigFootXLT

I just did a search for them and the sportsmans guide has them for $100 + reasonable shipping. Most other places have them for $125 and up
That's not bad. I did a little research and the one I had was the Gorilla King Kong. Retail is $150. Almost the same stand as the Hunter's Edge.