HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   NAP Hellrazor vs. G5 Montec (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/351832-nap-hellrazor-vs-g5-montec.html)

HeavyD11 10-19-2011 10:22 AM

NAP Hellrazor vs. G5 Montec

What are anyone's likes and dislikes between these two broadheads? What expirences have you had with either or both? I like the idea but just not completely sold yet.

bighorns35 10-20-2011 03:23 AM

i shoot g5 montec cs's. absolutely love these broadheads.

huntingkidPA 10-21-2011 11:46 AM

i shot a deer with hell razors last year and i think there great, like most nap products. i made a bad shot and hit the liver, he went down in 30 yards still. i dont know the price of the montecs but i think they are more money. if your trying to get more bang for your buck and a good broadhead (imo same as the montec) go with hellrazors.

marquismarc 10-22-2011 06:20 PM

I personally love the montecs, I cannot speak ill of the NAP's because I have never used them.

AP HD_Jake 10-23-2011 07:21 AM

hellrazors all the way have shot all muzzy broadheads and even still use a muzzy rest. i also have shot all NAP broadheads and the hellrazor is badass. love muzzy but i gotta say nap has got them beat.

L. Clement 11-22-2011 09:05 PM

I had some HR’s and at 30 yards and closer they were fine, but any farther I was getting bad arrow flight. If you look closely the HR’s parts are welded together and the Montec is made out of one piece of steel. This means in IMO, that there is more of a chance you can have a bit more weld on one blade of the a HR which can cause bad flight. I don’t see that happening as much in the Montec. Just food for thought.

The HR’s are shaper out of the box then the Montec’s are so if you decide to get the Montec’s get the Montec CS (carbon steel) as they are supposed to hold and edge better the earlier version. If you by the plan Montec they made need sharpened up a bit but this is not hard to do with this style of broad head, simple. That what I use currently.

I have some Montec pre seasons and they are great for practicing, I don’t thin HR makes a pre season.

If you can get the HR’s to fly well use them. I took a buck at 30 yards and the blood trail was 2.5-3 ft wide! I took a doe with the Montec’s and they worked well to.

bowhuntre 11-23-2011 08:04 AM

Love the Montec would not recommend the cs (carbon steel) due to they will rust if it's damp or raining out, they also cost more. Found that the regular stainless hold a great edge and like any broadhead if they get pounded into the ground there done but hopfully if that happens it means you downed a deer and fill the freezer good with the bad.

fishforfun 11-23-2011 03:37 PM

slicktricks....very sharp and deadly....

L. Clement 11-23-2011 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by bowhuntre (Post 3880285)
Love the Montec would not recommend the cs (carbon steel) due to they will rust if it's damp or raining out, they also cost more. Found that the regular stainless hold a great edge and like any broadhead if they get pounded into the ground there done but hopfully if that happens it means you downed a deer and fill the freezer good with the bad.

I didn't know the CS would rust? maybe ill stick with what i have. Also been wanting to try Slick Tricks, i here they are very durable.

huntingkidPA 11-23-2011 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by L. Clement (Post 3880475)
I didn't know the CS would rust? maybe ill stick with what i have. Also been wanting to try Slick Tricks, i here they are very durable.

people act like since its not stainless, it will rust in a hurry. i have a carbon steel knife. i carry it in the woods, in the rain and what not. havent had a spec of rust on it so far. if your worried about it rusting just put some wd 40 or something on it. you will be able to sharpen them easier, they will hold an edge better to. that out weighs the risk of rust. i say get the CS