Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Lighted Nock

Old 10-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Spike

I had been using Firenocks, but now I will give Nockturnals a 'Shot'
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 AM
Fork Horn

i have never tried anything but the nockturnals and have been very pleased so far they have not failed me. that being said i havent had them very long only a few months
Old 10-12-2011, 01:46 PM
Typical Buck

Tried them all now using nockturnals simple design, bright, light weight practiced all summer with them no failures awesome product at affordable prices
Old 10-12-2011, 03:30 PM
Spike

I was able to use the nockturnal this morning at almost 10 am and worked great even in full sun and saw the exact impact point as the deer ran away the nock was as bright as can be stuck in a corn stalk. After a short tracking job recovered my 1 st deer of a great season. Best thing is you don't have to worry about if its going to work or not and it's Awsome when you see that red nock slip through the exact point when you release.
Old 10-27-2011, 06:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I used to have the Easton Tracers, had lots of problems with them.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nocturnal.. I have all three colors but I think the red is the brightest.
Old 11-22-2011, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

I have the green Nockturnal’s, and I have shot all 3 of them many times. I have only worn 1 of them out after hundreds of shots. The other 2 are still working. I shot a doe this last Oct. and had to shoot 3 arrows as I spined her on the first shot. It was pretty dark by the time I got to her and I could see 3 green glowing areas under the leaves in the woods and I found all 3 of my arrows with much easiness. Had I not used Nockturnal’s I would have probably lost 3 Easton Axis Arrows and Montech Brodhead’s. So right there they paid for them selves. Plus it’s very easy to tell where your arrow went. If you happen to miss you’re first shot and get a second you may be able to adjust your point of aim based on your first arrows flight.

I practice with them in low light conditions, it fun to watch your arrow streak through the dim sky while you can also observe for tailing and bad arrow flight all before bow season. As you can see many positives and these are the simplest and cheapest lighted Nocks on the market currently. I’m ready to buy 3 more Nocturnals and I may go red this time just for a change. I didn’t noticed point of impact changes until 40 yards and beyond when compared to field points. I’m to the point I don’t like to hunt without them due to broad head and arrow prices.

I remember last season they were hard to find as the company ran into manufacturing issues but have since corrected.

I tried the Tracers one year but they often wouldn’t light up consistently, plus that darn magnet was always falling off my bow. Glad I got rid of the Tracers.
Old 11-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Spike

I would agree. To make things even more cost effective i make my own weighted practice nocks. All you need is some

regular nocks (I use s-nocks)
5 min. epoxy
electric fence wire (or something simular gauge)
grain scale (about $45)

I find that the actual Nockturnal Nocks weight about 22 grains.

So I cut about an inch of wire mix up expoxy and use a toothpick to put epoxy into nock insert wire and stand nock on end for 24hrs to cure
Once cured weight what you made on the grain scale and start to nip off the wire until they are matched to the Nockturnals. Then you will have inexpensive practice nocks that if you happen to loose wont cost you a lighted nock.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:31 AM
BTM
Fork Horn

I was a Nockturnal fan (mainly because they were five grains lighter than Lumenoks) until my last two kills. Both times the nock didn't light up, plus they're a bear to turn off when they're clogged up with blood. (Usually the battery runs down before I can rinse out enough blood to turn them off.)

I might switch back to Lumenoks.