Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Rage 2 blade vs rage 3 blade >

Rage 2 blade vs rage 3 blade

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rage 2 blade vs rage 3 blade

Old 07-25-2011, 06:37 AM
Spike

Default Rage 2 blade vs rage 3 blade

Which rage should i get?
Old 07-27-2011, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

what poundage are you shooting?
Old 07-28-2011, 07:13 PM
Spike

55 pounds went to rages website and i put my info into the kenetic energy calc nd im shootim about 58 pounds of kinetic energy
Old 07-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Typical Buck

I use the 2 blade version. My theory is that the whole reason for using a mechanical is to lessen the impact of the blade on arrow flight. A 2 blade has less metal sticking outside the diameter of the arrow shaft, so I figure it will have less impact on flight. I don't know if this is scientifically valid, but it makes sense to me.
Old 07-30-2011, 02:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Go with the two blade. In some cases people have had penetration issues with Rage heads. Shoot the two blade, make sure your blades are seated properly behind the oring, and don't hit the shoulder bone. You should do well if you stick to those two rules.
Old 08-01-2011, 07:40 AM
Typical Buck

yeah im thinkin 2 blade too
Old 09-15-2011, 03:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here in NY, the 3 bladed Rage is outlawed? This is after I have all ready picked up 2 three paks of the three bladed heads!!!!
Old 09-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by maytom
Here in NY, the 3 bladed Rage is outlawed? This is after I have all ready picked up 2 three paks of the three bladed heads!!!!
Strange,....... what was NY's reasoning for that ?!?
Old 09-19-2011, 12:10 PM
Typical Buck

rage 2 blade. i heard the 3 blade isnt as reliable
Old 09-19-2011, 01:13 PM
Fork Horn

I would go with the 2 blade. I have also heard that the two blade is not as reliable. And if you are worried about the blades popping out take some rubber bands for braces and put on the front does not affect the flight or opening but it is not necessary. Also do not let people try to fool you in to thinking they will not blow thru a shoulder blade they will do it. Do not recommend it but I shot a doe thru the shoulder last year (I am human it was not on purpose) and it blew thru it and was sticking out the other side of the deer. But you will have to replace the blades but it is not that hard. Enjoy them and be prepared for a heckuva blood trail. (provided you dont shoot it in the butt )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.