Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 scentloc,suppresent or contain clothing >

scentloc,suppresent or contain clothing

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

scentloc,suppresent or contain clothing

Old 08-05-2003, 09:10 PM

Default scentloc,suppresent or contain clothing

which would you prefer out of the 3.i want to purchase the camo version for hot weather and use as a undergarment for cold weather.i have seen scentloc and contain in camo but not the suppresent.the scentloc runs about 90 bucks top and bottom each .the contain runs about 40 each. i want something you dont have to reactivate to often as you supposively do the scentloc.
Old 08-05-2003, 11:47 PM

Default RE: scentloc,suppresent or contain clothing

I have used a Charcol Outfit from www.sportsmansguide.com for the last 3 years, i have had 1 deer smell me (that i know of) that spooked. The outfit is $15 from military surplus and with proper care works amazing! You can put it under your camo and spray outers with Scent Eliminator while your body oders are trapped inside
Old 08-06-2003, 02:52 PM

how hot is the military issued??!! thats the only thing that has kept me from buying it.. I live in alabama where hot weather is a really big factor.. I thought about getting the climaflex from scentlok
Old 08-07-2003, 06:50 AM

I personally think you shouldn' t waste your money on scent loc clothing. I think that you should focus on the scent sprays and soaps. The bought into that scent clothing thing last year and saw no more deer then before. I even had deer smell me several times while wearing it. It has been shown that those scent clothes loose their effectivness very quickly and your home dryer will not reactivate the suit because it does not get hot enough.. This is of course just my 2 cents....
Old 08-07-2003, 08:31 AM

I have Scent-Lok, but I would say that Scent-Blocker is better, in my opinion they have better options.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:10 AM

I purchased a Scent-Blocker outfit during the off-season. I haven' t washed it to try it out so i can' t really give much comment on it.

I bought it at gander mountain - the selling point was that they had a scratch-n-smell thing on the tag. Very easy to smell. Then they had a piece of the carbon that you laid on top of it - couldn' t smell anything.

Don' t know if it' ll work or I am just a sucker.
Old 08-07-2003, 09:42 AM

Don' t know if it' ll work or I am just a sucker.
They do work...... Initially. Try it again next season and you will see a reduction in the scent elimination. You notice the companies dont give any indication of the effective life of these garments. After owning a scentlok suit for two seasons I can tell you that the effectiveness in mine is GONE. No amount of dryer time has had any effect on " reactivating" the carbon. The companies dont tell you this part.

Never again.
Old 08-07-2003, 08:41 PM

so what about the military issue that you can get for $25?? would u buy that?
Old 08-08-2003, 06:49 AM

so what about the military issue that you can get for $25?? would u buy that?
I wish I had done that initially Instead of buy a scentlok suit. Keep in mind also that these things can get a might hot in warmer weather. The bow season down here is just too hot for them. Right now Im just sticking to a good scent control regime without them.
Old 08-08-2003, 01:47 PM

Keep in mind also that these things can get a might hot in warmer weather. The bow season down here is just too hot for them
Im in the same boat ...where the weather is very hot.. thats my main concern.. getting to hot

Quick Reply: scentloc,suppresent or contain clothing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.