Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Quality but inexpensive trail cam >

Quality but inexpensive trail cam

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Quality but inexpensive trail cam

Old 06-18-2011, 06:07 AM
Spike

Default Quality but inexpensive trail cam

Anyone have a brand of a quality but inexpensive trail cam? For around $200 or less I know there are a ton of brands and don't want to field test my self. Looking for something that is proven and won't cause any issues.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:34 PM
Typical Buck

Take a look at the Bushnell and the Primos
Old 06-24-2011, 03:19 AM
Fork Horn

I will often go here for information http://www.trailcampro.com/reviews.aspx
Check out the various tests and review of cameras. I think they are fairly objective. They have helped me decide on more than one occassion.

Use it as just one piece of information. There are other review sites and people on here with a lot of experience with various models. Put all the information together to help you decide, not just one source.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have the Stealth Rogue IR for 2 years now and it works just fine. It has a fairly good internal memory (about 50 pics) and takes up to a 4 GB SD card (I think max is 4 GB). Battery life is very good - will last an entire season on 6 C cells. And for the price you are talking you can probably pick up 2 when they are on sale.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:42 PM
Spike

How is the reaction time on it? Are the pictures of moving game in the picture or are you catching there ass? Sounds good from what i've read.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Typical Buck

For that price range, IMO you have headaches. I'd suggest spend a little more - and get a used Reconyx.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:35 AM
Fork Horn

Also look at the scoutguard sg550v, it is my favorite cam, it gets great reviews battery life is awesome, great trigger speed and the pics are real nice. Very dependable also and I found mine for $179. My next cam will be a reconyx hc 500 when I get the funds. Scoot
Old 11-10-2011, 04:52 AM
Spike

I ended up buy the moultrie ir55. Trigger speeds are a little slow but if you angle it down a trail your able to get a lot more pitcures and ussually once they get to the camera they will stop and stare at that point. Haven't had any problems yet. I put it out in August and change out the card every week or so and average about 50 to 75 pictures (3 picture burst) a week and still on the origanal batteries (at 70% left). The time, temp, and date stamp are great to being able to better pattern deer or to move the camera depending on the area there coming or going to be able to catch them in shooting light. Overall very happy with it and little over $100 and can have a 16mb card that will hold close to 10,000 8mg pixel pictures.
Old 11-13-2011, 06:54 PM
Spike

It's hard to say, reconyx is no doubt the best but the price is a bit gut wrenching, the primo truth x cam is a good one but it has mechanical problems, either it works great and you have no problems or it'll put you thru hell, id say its about 50-50, that's the one id go with though, a little side note, dont touch wildgame innovations cams, it blurred out all of my pictures of bucks, you almost couldn't tell a forkhorn from a 10 pt
Old 11-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Spike

I have 2 reconyx 600 and they are sweet but pricey.But i have two bushnells and like them alot had 3 but one was stolen.I was on trailprocam today and see they have the bushnells for 169.00 so i bought 3 of them.They were around 200 before plus free shipping...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.