Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.
View Poll Results: Do you perfer
Rage 2 Blade
35.71%
Fixed Blade
17.86%
Cut On Contact Fixed Blade
35.71%
Other
10.71%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Great Rage Debate

Old 05-15-2011, 03:27 PM
Spike

Default Great Rage Debate

What are your thoughts on Rage 2 blade vs fixed blade?
Old 05-17-2011, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

I sell the heck out of both. I think it's personal prefference, but I would never shoot a mechanical.
Old 05-17-2011, 06:06 AM
Fork Horn

I love Rage 2-Blade. I have shot & killed everything from grouse to an Alaskan-Yukon Moose. Rage's are perfect for the set-up I shoot.

-South
Old 05-19-2011, 03:44 AM
Spike

i have a friend that shoots rage 2 blades and said he has shot all the way through a deer and it never even opened...
Old 05-20-2011, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not yet seen any reason to change from what works for me. - 125 gr. I have used Thunderheads since they came out until I had to switch from my SQ-2 (29 " draw, 65#) to a cross bow in 2009 because of a serious injury, and subsequent surgery. Still strengthening it. Takes a while I guess when you are past 60 !!! Anyway, tried the Thunderhead on the bolt and everything worked great at the range. Decided to try the Montec for no real reason ... and it shoots great too. So far, there have been zero issues with bolt flight, wound channel, blood trail or recovery. Most shots have been 15-25 yards with the longest shot with my cross bow being about 45 yards. All shots have passed through and (knock on wood) so far I am 11 for 11 on deer ... and 1 for 1 on coyote.
Old 06-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Boone & Crockett

i switched to Magnus Stingers 4 years ago. Since that time, I've take 4 buck and neither have gone more than 100 yds before expiring. The last 3 died within sight of my treestand. Most only ran about 20-40 yds after impact and just either walked a bit farther before falling or just laid down and died. Even so, the blood trails would have been sufficient for tracking. I believe the Rage is over-rated. If you look at the actual cutting width compared to most fixed heads the difference isn't all that great. In some cases only 1/16"more. And that is if the Rage opens up fully.
Old 06-27-2011, 02:35 PM
Spike

I have shot fixed blades since i started bowhunting 20 yrs ago. Last yr i did switch to the buzzcut and lost a nice 6 point. Found a week later by a farmer due to lack of blood trail. It looked like a shotgun slug went through it but didnt bleed at all. I was told the serated blades cut quicker but leaves a searated cut which might cause less blood loss. I loved the old satelite titans but there no longer made. Had good luck with Muzzy phantoms. Still on the fence on the rage. thats why i started this post to get thought good or bad on them.