Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

100 vs 125gr

Old 04-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default 100 vs 125gr

Wich is better 100 or 125gr broad heads and why. Thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dunno bout better, but heavier. sharp and fixed is all that matters in my book. if thats what you are in the air about, i'd see what ya group better with. good luck..let em fly
Old 04-08-2011, 03:05 PM
Fork Horn

100 will give you more options as far as what point to use, other than that with today's bows the difference is negligible.
Old 04-10-2011, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by jicand
100 will give you more options as far as what point to use, other than that with today's bows the difference is negligible.
what do you mean more options for a "point"?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:00 PM
Spike

As far as I'm concerned it doesn't matter as long as they shoot straight for you and are sharp...
Old 07-28-2011, 06:15 AM
Fork Horn

100 grains is what I use. I've taken Javelina, Mule Deer, White Tails and Elk with it. I've used others, but this seems to be the best all araound.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Your broadhead weight should be determined by different factors on your setup. I mean the obvious difference is the 25grns. You need to determine how many total grns you need your whole arrow to be for your bow setup, and what your hunting. Your total grns of arrow to your bows capabilites effects the impact, and penetration. Your broadhead grn weight also effects the FOC of your arrow, which is important for tru accurate flight of the arrow. There's really alot more to it, than which is better. Its more like whats better for your setup!
Old 08-08-2011, 02:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BuckAlley
Your broadhead weight should be determined by different factors on your setup. I mean the obvious difference is the 25grns. You need to determine how many total grns you need your whole arrow to be for your bow setup, and what your hunting. Your total grns of arrow to your bows capabilites effects the impact, and penetration. Your broadhead grn weight also effects the FOC of your arrow, which is important for tru accurate flight of the arrow. There's really alot more to it, than which is better. Its more like whats better for your setup!
yep... this is true.