Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Question- scott releases (wildcat vs string loop style) >

Question- scott releases (wildcat vs string loop style)

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Question- scott releases (wildcat vs string loop style)

Old 12-19-2010, 05:44 AM
Fork Horn

Default Question- scott releases (wildcat vs string loop style)

Ive been shooting with a cheaper truball release, and I got a new bow the other day, well needless to say, this bow shows all my releases flaws. Ide like to get a single caliper style scott release like the wildcat or maybe a string loop one like the rhino xt or silver horn. Ill be hunting with it, and target practice in the back yard. Also I shoot a rope adjust type now, I like that alot, is the adjustable solid 4 hole connectors better? If you shoot one of the above, let me know how you like it.
Old 01-06-2011, 05:13 AM
Fork Horn

Well I ended up getting a scott silverhorn ncs string loop release, for under 50 dollars clearenced from midway. Ive got to the shooting difference is impressive. My 20 yard groups are stacked ontop of eachother in a 2" area. Long distance groups are also greatly improved. As for hunting, I havent had the chance yet, im confident the string loop will pull fine from a climbing stand etc and no situations should arrise. Only bad- got the velcro strap, didnt know it was coming with it. Ide go with buckle type if your buying one. With the ncs you can change wrist straps, also a +