Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

One Pin Sight

Old 12-18-2010, 03:04 PM
Spike

Default One Pin Sight

Hi there i'm looking for a one pin sight and i have around 200$ to spend on it. What sight should i buy? I'm new to bowhunting and i have a 5 pin sight on now and don't like it.
Old 12-18-2010, 04:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dan - I don't know about your hunting situation but personally I do not care for a one pin sight. I hunt the woods and a deer can pop out of nowhere and disappear just as fast and at varying distances. I normally range trees all around my stand and I use a 5 pin sight. IMO fiddling with a one pin sight getting it set at the proper range wastes valuable time and maybe costing you the buck of your dreams.
As an example, I watched Phil Phillips draw back on a bull elk that took him by surprise and at 20 yds he shot about 3 ft over his back. He stated later that his one pin sight that he normally has set at 30 yds got bumped and was set for somewhere around 80 yds.
Its your money but you might want to reconsider. And good luck with whatever you choose.
Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 AM
Spike

I have an HHA and love it! the sight is very easy to move, i usually leave it set at 25 yds and can confidently shoot to 40 with it set like that, the customer service is top notch to, I stripped out screw holes on the sight, (my fault) and called them, i am not even the original owner of the sight and they sent me a new piece no questions asked out the door that day on my bow 2 days later, no charge
Old 12-25-2010, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

HHA has high quality movable sights. I use an OL-5519 and it's extremely durable, reliable, and solid. Great product; you won't be dissappointed!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:36 AM
Spike

I have used both single pin and multiple pin sights. My personal preference is the single pin. Curently I am using the Black Gold Ascent sight. I hunt with my pin set on 25yds and am comfortable and accurate shooting out to 30yds w/o moving my pin. My recomendation is to practice shooting different yardages without moving your pin. I hunt in the Western part of New York, so shots for me are usualy inside of 30yds. Montana Black Gold does make the Ascent sight with a 3 pin head as well. I know a guy who uses that set up because he hunts all over and longer shots are the norm for him. He sets his pins to shoot 25, 35, and 45 yds. When he takes a longer shot he simply moves his sight and uses the bottom pin, works for him.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:41 AM
Spike

I have never hunted with more than 2 pins in the 28 years that I have been hunting. I started using 2 pins within the last 4 years because my eyes are starting to get a bit fuzzy. It is all a matter of practice on the range and getting intimate with your equipment.

Last edited by rlmx; 12-28-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:40 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BigRack23
HHA has high quality movable sights. I use an OL-5519 and it's extremely durable, reliable, and solid. Great product; you won't be dissappointed!
+1
I have one on my monster and i set it at 30yds and i'm good out to 33yds without moving it. No stack of pins to look through, I won't use anything else now!
Old 12-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Spike

I have a Tru-Glo single pin Range Rover with the trituim fiber optic pin.I am well pleased with it. I chose it because of the trituim pin, and it was $99.00. Other than a pendulam sight it's the only single pin I have used. I am zeroed at 25 yards and am good to 35,without moving pin.
Old 12-30-2010, 05:37 AM
Typical Buck

just remove the other 4 pins of your 5 pin sight, thats what i did untill i felt comforable
Old 01-04-2011, 07:09 AM
Spike

Thanks for the answers a friend to me is going to sell a Truglo Range Rover TFO pin sight so i gonna try it and if i don't like i buy a HHA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.