Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
A good bow package for under $400 >

A good bow package for under $400

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

A good bow package for under $400

Old 02-19-2011, 09:56 AM
Spike

Like stated above, I think the Diamond razor edge is a great starter bow. Comes with everything you need. I just had to get a set or arrows, target and release. I have a shoulder injury and I really don't have to much issues with using this bow. It took a while to build my strength, but that is what practice is for! After my first season, I am itching to get back out this fall. I never thought I would be able to use a bow, but thankfully it worked out.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out Hunters Friend. I bought my Bowtech package from them and they are great to deal with and very knowledable.

http://www.huntersfriend.com/bowpkg2.htm
Old 03-02-2011, 08:42 PM
Fork Horn

I would go with a used rig. You should be able to get a really nice, used bow that is a few years old but was the top of the line in that time. They come with all the sights, rest arrows, case, quiver many of the times. Check out archery talk's classifieds section and you should be able to get hooked up!
Old 03-04-2011, 11:12 AM
Spike

I bought the PSE Brute package... might be a little more money than what you are looking at spending... I have had nothing but good experience... Stepping up from a 70# longbow, this PSE was amazing... Even with a major back injury from an MVA i have no problems drawing or holding...

Other fellas may argue that it is a lower end bow, but hey, it shoots, it kills... What more do you need...
Old 03-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought a Darton Marauder today at the bow shop. It was a trade in with nice accessories and just needed tweaked to fit me. I cannot believe how smooth and easy it is to get the pull started and let off. Very nice, I think that I will be happy. Oh, and I saved enough money that I can afford a dozen arrows lol.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

I don't think I'd buy a bow without shooting it. My 20 yr old game getter II will kill animals as well as it did 20 yrs ago, but definitely is slower than modern bows. It wasn't top of the line when I got it new, but was the one I liked the best out of what they had in the pro shop.