Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Thinking of buying a bow. >

Thinking of buying a bow.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Thinking of buying a bow.

Old 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM
Spike

Default Thinking of buying a bow.

Howdy there, so I'm thinking of buying my first bow (I have shot them before.)

Anyways I want to hunt whitetail and mule deer in my area. I got a somewhat low price range, 300-500 would be best suited. I have no preference on if its compound, recurve, or crossbow. Just need to know what y'alls experiences and reviews are so I have a start to finding the right bow for me.
Old 11-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Spike

I went to a local shop, shot a few bows in my price range, talked to the guys, and I bought a used one. Seems to be shooting well so far. Its a lower end Martin, so I will probably upgrade next year. Pick a bow that is comfortable for you. Not what the advertisers say. Also have the guys at the shop help you set it up. If they can't do that, find a different place to buy your bow. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try a couple out and see what fits you best. Personally I really like the Bowtech Guardian....you might not though. Try them and see!
Old 11-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Typical Buck

Go to a local shop and see if they can help you. Check out some used bows. Used Mathews bows and new Mission bows might be right in your price range. Mission bows are made by Mathews. They shoot just as good as Mathews bows. You could even find something on Craigslist or Ebay. Hopefully you find someone that can really help you out. Good luck!