Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Best rubber boots I ever bought. >

Best rubber boots I ever bought.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best rubber boots I ever bought.

Old 07-17-2003, 03:28 AM

Default Best rubber boots I ever bought.

Just recieved my new rubber boots from Cabelas. I bought the Lacrose ALPHA series rubber/neoprene mixed boots. Very light (3.8 lb), and EXTREMELY COMFORTABLE. Cushiony soul and soft form fitting ankle support. This is a boot you dont even need to wear socks in. My wife even tried them on and said she wanted a pair for herself for when she goes scouting with me this fall.
The only drawback is they may be a little warm for the early season because of the neoprene inside. If light weight and comfort are what you are looking for, i doubt these can be beat.
Old 07-17-2003, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Best rubber boots I ever bought.

benhuntin......I totally agree!!!!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:21 AM

benhunting,
I to am a fan of Lacrose boots! What kind of calf gusset on on the new boot? The one problem that I have is my extra large (round) calfs. I currently have the BIG BOY Burly which they don' t make any more. I' ve tried the regular Lacrose boot with the gusset on the side and they are just to tight. DE. Hunter
Old 07-18-2003, 03:54 AM

DE, it has a back gusset with an adjustable cam-lock buckle. All I can say is maybe give it a try. I have good sized calfs myself and they are very comfortable.
Old 07-18-2003, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am thinking about buying a pair of these for the upcoming season. I live in central Illinois and I was wondering if they would be warm enough to wear during the winter months?
Old 07-21-2003, 03:18 AM

wondering if they would be warm enough to wear during the winter months
The neoprene and felt lining definatly retain some heat but Im not sure how it would be in below freezing temps. Will let ya,ll know by January.
Definatly a good cool weather boot though..
Old 07-21-2003, 05:08 PM

I agree that the new neoprene based rubber boots look great. I got the Muck Boot Co.' s " Woody" model. They are light weight and extremely easy on and off. They have a lining material said to be breathable and should be warm enough for all but the coldest of Oklahoma weather. They stretch for oversize calf which I need as well.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:20 AM

I also went with the Muck Fieldmaster boots and love them. I bought them in time to wear turkey season, and my feet were actually cooler than when I wore my Lacrosse Viper? snake rubber boots.
Old 07-24-2003, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Technology is a wonderful thing. My only question would be, is your foot able to breath? Any neoprene products I have used in the past did not allow my skin to breath.
Old 07-24-2003, 10:13 AM

is your foot able to breath?
probally about the same as an all rubber boot.

Quick Reply: Best rubber boots I ever bought.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.