Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What tree stand?

Old 11-06-2010, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default What tree stand?

What is the best brand of tree stand and what type?
Old 11-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Depends a little

on your weight, how tall you are, and how long your legs are.

I've noticed a lot of tree stands have max weight limits of 300 lbs., not exactly made for the 160 or 180 lb. hunter.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Me myself I use a summit viper classic which is a climbing treestand ,and is not that heavy, you can also get lighter models if you want, but the only thing about the lighter models is that they cost a good bit more.Also, I use any good priced ladder stand mostly the remingtons a walmart because they are great for the money and easy to set up.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Valentine
on your weight, how tall you are, and how long your legs are.

I've noticed a lot of tree stands have max weight limits of 300 lbs., not exactly made for the 160 or 180 lb. hunter.
WHAT are you tring to say?
Old 11-15-2010, 01:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

For Hang-Ons I like Rivers Edge Big Foot and for a climber I like the Lone Wolf Wide Sit and Climb, I'm 6 foot 225 lbs.
Old 11-15-2010, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

For me, the summit viper is my first choice. I've learned I like them better than lock on stands because you can get so much higher and they are very safe. For comfort they can't be beat.
Old 11-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

Summit Switchblade! Its a Climbler and i love it!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default My personal opinion

Originally Posted by wernerjd
WHAT are you tring to say?
I never believed that there was a universal tree stand to fit all hunters. My opinion is hunters should fit themselves to the tree stand, and not try to fit the tree stand to themselves.

Some of us are heavier, lighter, more agile, less agile, abilities, non abilities. etc. Staying in shape is important. It was always important to me, to be able to carry the tree stand, over 1000 yds. And those instructions, don't come with the tree stand.

Good luck. Everyone has to fit themselves, in the end, to the tree stand.

Last edited by Valentine; 11-16-2010 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 09:00 AM
Typical Buck

I've tried a lot of stands, but this season I've been using a Loc-On. I really like it so far. I have the Limit model to be light and portable with some tree steps. I didn't think the folding cloth seat would be very comfortable, but amazingly enough, it is; much more so, actually, than the flat padded seats like Lone Wolf uses. They have a sale going on now too. http://www.locontreestandsllc.com/

Last edited by Snood Slapper; 11-16-2010 at 09:04 AM.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

If using a climber I prefer the Lone Wolf Sit and Climb with a Hazmore Silent Seat. Lightweight, silent, solid, comfortable, packs easy, and easy to use.
If your looking for a lockon I really like the Lone Wolf Assault with 4 Lone Wolf climbing sticks. Weighs as much as most climbers (maybe a little lighter), very easy to set up the sticks, the ez hanger makes hanging the stand a breeze, and you can put it up in practically any tree.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.