Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
Are lighted nocks worth it????? >

Are lighted nocks worth it?????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Are lighted nocks worth it?????

Old 11-03-2010, 02:30 PM
Fork Horn

Default Are lighted nocks worth it?????

I honestly have no idea. What do you think? Please elaborate on your answer and mention a brand if possible

thanks
-z
Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Fork Horn

i bought 2 lighted nocks and the only reason why i did is for filming my hunts so you can see the shot placement on the deer a lot easier. if your thinking about bying them just to help u not lose an arrow i dont think its worth it but they do work very good if your filming. I shoot firenocks and they work very good. Also the nockturnals work good to. I would stay away from the easton tracer nocks.
Old 11-03-2010, 09:13 PM
Fork Horn

I shoot lumenoks out of my crossbow. I love being able to watch the shot all the way to the deer or target. They help you recover your arrow as well which i find awesome to just confirm you made a great shot. I have had one turn off when it hit the deer which sucked but otherwise they have been great.

Be sure to shoot your bow again because they do add a little weight to the arrow.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:11 AM
Typical Buck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMqLT-4ezzk

Do it yourself a lot cheaper and seems pretty easy
Old 11-04-2010, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

i used the nocturnal nocks this year.and i am sold.. will use them every year now.. i shot a bear with them and to see that red nock slip behind the shoulder of a black object like a bear was just awesome..also shot my buck this year with the same arrow same nock and broadhead..just resharpened it (those g5 t3s are build like tanks) i highly recommend u try the nocturals.. for the price its worth every penny.. when i shot my buck i didnt get a complete passthrough ..came back at night saw my red nock 40 yards from my stand..voila there was my deer no trailing needed
Old 11-05-2010, 04:58 PM
BTM
Fork Horn

When they first came out I was skeptical, but now I'll never hunt without them (where legal, of course). They pay for themselves after you think you've lost an arrow, but the real value is is seeing where your hit was. It's great to know where the arrow hit so you can plan your recovery strategy - especially when hunting big scary things that can kill you!
Old 11-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Fork Horn

I bought some nockturnals to video my hunt with this fall. After a couple shots in bright sunlight I thought I really don't need these and will just keep them for video hunts.....then I shot my 8pt in dim/gloomy conditions and I thought to myself I never would have seen exactly where the arrow hit had I not been using a lighted nock.
Old 11-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Fork Horn

I tried the lumenoks and they worked well and were plenty bright enough,but shot the first one at a doe last weekend a pass thru that after hitting the ground the nock popped out of the arrow and was gone because they don't stay lit unless they maintain contact with the arrow shaft! $15 bucks gone,Kinda bad design because everytime you shoot them you have to wiggle them back to turn them off and after awhile they start getting loose!
I think I may give the nockturnals a try from the way they look and turn off if the did happen to come out of the arrow they will stay lit so you can find them!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Typical Buck

It is worth it but I would not use them to practice a whole. That can get expensive. I like the Firenock and it is worth the extra money. Good product and great customer service.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

did the selfmade ones this year and what a pain in the arse to save a few bucks. always loved tracers but have had problems with build quality this year. gonna be buying nockturnals soon.

they are so worth it for hunting (knowing shot placement) that i refused to go out without one working lighted nock, i even paid to overnight them this year when they finally had my size instock.

worth every penny even though they can be finicky

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.