Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Which sit down stand up climber stand? >

Which sit down stand up climber stand?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which sit down stand up climber stand?

Old 07-17-2003, 08:12 PM

Default RE: Which sit down stand up climber stand?

Summit Viper. That' s a good price Jeepnut!
Old 07-17-2003, 11:21 PM
Typical Buck

Hobow,

You' re thinking in the right direction already.
BuckShot makes some of the very best climbers on the market, if not the best.
I' m from the old school and prefer the machined rails to grip and hold to the tree like the BuckShot has.
No rubber or plastic to replace or no chain or cable to rust or break at the weak link like most others.
I bought a BuckShot Mag last year to replace my Doc' s Recliner which is a great stand in itself.
The BuckShot is even more comfortable and much more stable than my Doc' s.
If you rifle hunt too, consider the standard BuckShot.
You wouldn' t believe the comfort of the BuckShot stand facing the tree with the backrest and stand height adjusted properly.
If more guys tried a BuckShot stand, they would be surprised by the comfort and quality, imo.
A lot of the other brands would be quickly forgotten.
My very favorite stands are BuckShot, Tree Lounge, Doc' s, and Ol' Man.
These 4 are the most comfortable and well built I have tested.

Sag.
Old 07-20-2003, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think the Tree Lounge is over rated. They say its fast, quiet blah, blah blah. Sure it' s ok. It works, but they have knobs and stuff everywhere. Try finding one of those knobs that you dropped in 4-6" of snow with frozen hands at 4:30 AM. (personal experience, LOL). Not to mention unless you buy the big archery package right from the start, you have to spend an arm and a leg to get the accessories.

There are many good stands out there and it' s all a matter of opinion. What will work for one person won' t work for another. I know I have a small build and bad back. A stand that packs into the woods well and is light, is very important to me. I have had good luck with the BUCKSHOT with the cables instead of the machined aluminum rails (I forget the exact model). I have used a couple Ol' Man stands and a few Summit models and they are also nice.

Shop around, check them out. See how easy YOU can pack it up, how well it carries on YOUR back, and how YOU feel in it (Do you feel safe? Are you able to sit comfortably for a long time?).

Good luck out there!
-BJ
Old 07-20-2003, 08:03 AM

Summit Viper for me! GREAT COMPANY,GREAT OWNER' S,AND GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE(iF YOU NEED IT).
Old 07-20-2003, 08:24 PM

Summit Viper........Packs comfortable....sits comfortable, climbs comfortable light and quiet.......After sales service is great........Good Product!!!! Safe Too!!!
Old 07-24-2003, 01:14 AM

the multi vision olman stand is great and the seat is very comfortable
Old 07-24-2003, 11:23 AM

I would go with the tree lounge....yea its kinda bulky and yea its a little loud but the comfort and safety cant be beat. and if your careful you wont drop anything
Old 07-24-2003, 01:00 PM

Summit Goliath.

I can honestly say that without my Goliath I would not have gotten 2 of the 3 deer I took last season. I can climb quietly, quickly, safely and sit as long as I want and as high as I want.

The Goliath and my Wolverine boots are the best money I have ever spent.

Whatever stand you choose.........DO NOT CHEAP OUT!!! your comfort level and more importantly.....your life depend on the quality of your stand. Don' t ever leave the ground without a safety harness.

Buck Shot stands look bulky and heavy.........are they???

Best of luck
Old 08-03-2003, 06:40 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 08-03-2003, 08:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Honestly, I have two stands. A Summit Cobra and a Loggy Bayou. I still think the Loggy is hard to beat. It doesn' t weigh anything, and for bowhunting, you are completely unobstructed all the way around. No bars or pads to get in your way. Dont' get me wrong, the Summit is nice and comfy, but for me, the Loggy is better.

Quick Reply: Which sit down stand up climber stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.