Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bad Boy Buggy

Old 10-19-2010, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Bad Boy Buggy

Bad Boy Buggy (Junk). Anyone having problems with their buggy? I use mine only during hunting season and every season, I have to pour money into it. This season I take it to get serviced, because of the buggy not running and they tell me I have to spend $1200 to replace all batteries. They replace the batteries and now tell me that a part that cost $1000 needs to be replaced, because the buggy is still dying with new batteries. The part that needs to be replaced, they don't use it anymore,therefore they don't stock them. I'm looking at a possibility of a few months to get this part. Now there trying to sell me a used one that they test with for $800. Every owner that I know has multiple problems for a buggy thats only used during hunting season. I spent $300 last season, because it wouldn't go in reverse. 99% of the authorized dealers don't service them, probably because they know there junk. I could have purchased a reliable 4 wheeler by now, considering how much money I spent on servicing this electric buggy that's plastered all over the hunting channels. And don't forget, I use only during hunting season and not year round. Bad Boy Buggy "They Won't Here You Coming" They won't here you coming because your $10,000 buggy is sitting in the shop!!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

me & a freind were just taking about these yesterday. I told him that they get really bad reviews and he said that he has heard that people love them and have no problems. if I were you, I would try to get rid of it asap and by a mule of some sort. who cares if it makes some noise as long as it stays out of your wallet and is dependable.
Old 10-19-2010, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

they are ok, but ya cant really drive em like they do on tv, but one time..after that, then the repairs come in
Old 10-19-2010, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

I've got a Titan UTV. It's an all electric 4x4 buggy. I've had it almost a year and love it. It goes anywhere I need it to.

If I were to be "nitpicky", I would say the front end is a little too light. The front wheels tend to spin going up hills in 4 wheel drive. Also, the battery life was short when brand new. But, they just need to be broke in with 15 or 20 charges. Now the battery life is great. I can about 20 miles before needing to recharge. But again, that's just picking nits.

If you still want an electric buggy, I would definitely recommend them.

www.titanutv.com
Old 10-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info. When these first came out I always thought they would be a waste of good money. I'm sure some people really think they are the cats meow but overall I'm really not sure why someone would spend $11,000 on something that is electric but thats just my opinion.
Take your money and buy some brand name that has proven itself. Who cares about a little noise, at least in Nebraska deer are so used to hearing vehicles, machinery, etc. All them electric buggy things are good for is advertisement.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:26 AM
Spike

i would sell it and go with something like a mule or a ranger.. or a quad if its only for you..
Old 10-20-2010, 11:10 AM
Typical Buck

I don't know anything about the electric buggies, or the ATVs for that matter, but guys on my old lease used ATVs and always got good deer. I hunted in the middle of the lease on the mountain and could hear the ATVs coming up the mountain, pass my stand and all the way to the top. Yet they got good deer every year.

Funny part is, I drove my Jeep up and parked next to their ATVs and they never knew I was there. So I don't think deer pay too much attention to them, not enough to spend all the money on an unproven electric buggy.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:43 AM
Spike

Default BB Fan

I've had my BB Classic for about a year now. Flawless ! I've had to pull several Kawasucki Mules out of my way, I've buried it in the swamp, bogged it down in the Alabama Prairie mud so many times...It just keeps on coming. You have got to keep the batteries checked. Water'em about once a month til you see how much they're gonna use, then keep the levels up accordingly. There are grease fittings all over this thing. Keep it lubed. I've had mine in way deeper water than is recommended, made it out ok, then got it home and washed it out, blew it dry, lubed it, charged it, and it's ready to ride. Don't run the batteries til they're dead, charge it back up after every trip. When you come in, just plug it in and top'em off. I've not had one minute of problem with mine. After what I paid for it, you can bet I keep mine in tip top shape. It may be dirty, but it runs like a new one
Old 07-15-2012, 05:39 PM
Fork Horn

I would call BB EVERY DAY UNTIL THEY HELP YOU OUT !!!!
Old 09-03-2012, 11:21 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by BB007
I've had my BB Classic for about a year now. Flawless ! I've had to pull several Kawasucki Mules out of my way, I've buried it in the swamp, bogged it down in the Alabama Prairie mud so many times...It just keeps on coming. You have got to keep the batteries checked. Water'em about once a month til you see how much they're gonna use, then keep the levels up accordingly. There are grease fittings all over this thing. Keep it lubed. I've had mine in way deeper water than is recommended, made it out ok, then got it home and washed it out, blew it dry, lubed it, charged it, and it's ready to ride. Don't run the batteries til they're dead, charge it back up after every trip. When you come in, just plug it in and top'em off. I've not had one minute of problem with mine. After what I paid for it, you can bet I keep mine in tip top shape. It may be dirty, but it runs like a new one
Hmmmmmmmm, first post and hes praising the buggy and the name is BB007. Think is stands for Bad Boy undercover?? Lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.